Online Figure Drawing Book

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Online Figure Drawing Book

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

I thought some of you serious artists might like this book to help with figure drawing. It covers a lot of the basics of skeletal structure that help to make a realistic drawing.

Loomis Figure Drawing
Shino
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b
Location: A whales belly.. yep the whale's got internet and stuff

Post by Shino »

hey wow, thx, I will take a deeper look at this someday soon :)
evilmonkey
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by evilmonkey »

yah - I do like to consider myself serious at points - so thanks a bunch JJ86

l
Black is the Colour that Shines on my Path
Black is the Colour of Freedom
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

Wow, that's got a lot of great stuff! Just by skimming over it I learned a bunch of new things.
I think I'll read more, just to improve my drawing abilities-- and my 3d character modelling.
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Ok, here is where I got it, there are tons of other ebooks there. Some are interesting, others are not. There also is another art book by the same author called, Fun With a Pencil.
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

E-Book

Post by 4too »

E-Book

Haven't really been settled for 20 years, so haven't, "really", unpacked for the period. The construction trades trend to be a migratory, if not transient,
means to an end.

Somewhere in my inventory, my impedimenta, is a worn "ana-log" version
of this textbook. It was a good guide to structuring the figure and saved time in my disfunctional graphics education.

Loomis' book limited my exposure to the "academic artists" that ran the life drawing and still life pencil classes. At best these classes taught shading and perspective, AND THE NEED to keep drawing to "pump up" your skill level, IF you had the basics of skeletal structure so you could concentrate on "style". At worst these " academic artists" would send a mixed message by gushing ON and ON about Matisse and modern paint flinging experssionists; representational "art" was too-too commercial. This attitude limits ones graphic communication to the fickle elite, and leaves one too weak to compete with those whose studies have embraced the full spectrum of illustration.

Maybe it would be more fair if I fingered the "art historians" as the propagandists for this mythic fashion elite because they tended to "run" the
art departments, controling the budgets, and therefore, the offical stance on worth and value of product.

Loomis was a commercial artist from that old magizine era, not as famous as Norman Rockwell, but his instructional books are more important than any 'zine cover or ad.

Drawing, illustration, modeling; visual representation is a communication skill. It furthers one's style, and impact, 'pan-ache' and 'spl-a-ash', to have a greater visual vocabulary than what is momentarily "hip".

Phone line or cable, this E-Book is worth downloading.

4too
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Re: E-Book

Post by iohkus »

4too wrote:E-Book

Haven't really been settled for 20 years, so haven't, "really", unpacked for the period. The construction trades trend to be a migratory, if not transient,
means to an end.

Somewhere in my inventory, my impedimenta, is a worn "ana-log" version
of this textbook. It was a good guide to structuring the figure and saved time in my disfunctional graphics education.

Loomis' book limited my exposure to the "academic artists" that ran the life drawing and still life pencil classes. At best these classes taught shading and perspective, AND THE NEED to keep drawing to "pump up" your skill level, IF you had the basics of skeletal structure so you could concentrate on "style". At worst these " academic artists" would send a mixed message by gushing ON and ON about Matisse and modern paint flinging experssionists; representational "art" was too-too commercial. This attitude limits ones graphic communication to the fickle elite, and leaves one too weak to compete with those whose studies have embraced the full spectrum of illustration.

Maybe it would be more fair if I fingered the "art historians" as the propagandists for this mythic fashion elite because they tended to "run" the
art departments, controling the budgets, and therefore, the offical stance on worth and value of product.

Loomis was a commercial artist from that old magizine era, not as famous as Norman Rockwell, but his instructional books are more important than any 'zine cover or ad.

Drawing, illustration, modeling; visual representation is a communication skill. It furthers one's style, and impact, 'pan-ache' and 'spl-a-ash', to have a greater visual vocabulary than what is momentarily "hip".

Phone line or cable, this E-Book is worth downloading.

4too
wow.
bey.
Our Host!