Anyone good at this computer stuff here?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Anyone good at this computer stuff here?

Post by Username »

So I was googling a bit about Bethesda bans and tried to narrow my search.

I typed "banned from Bethesda" and googled. After some pages in alot of search-headlines were named simply "Bethesda forums".

Now there's already a thread transformed into whining about companies censoring opinions but this is about something else.

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22banne ... rt=30&sa=N

Try clicking on any link you see named "Bethesda forum".
It reverts to a site named "damned love". The weird thing though is that it seems to include real text in the short description you get from google and the mother site is an actual site that doesn't revert to "damned love".

Example:
www.makmebel.eu
www.spartandeathrace.com

spartandeathrace.com/bethesda-forums&page=2
www.makmebel.eu/bethesda-forums&page=2

Have I just stumbled on some massive, massive trojan created by Bethesda or who ever or what the fuck? Are these searches for Bethesda bans so popular?

What is this? I've never seen anything like it in my life. Seems almost similar to the poker link I mentioned that we have here on our forums.

I'll actually do a google for it now.edit: After only a quick search I didn't get much at all.
ColoredMSauce
Cakester Alt; I'm going places in life

Post by ColoredMSauce »

Come back when you have properly defined the problem.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

The problem is defined correctly. The possible trojan on these servers is constantly remaking links.

Now the links posted here are incorrect and lead to the main sites again but a new variation of the link leads to the "damnedlove" site again. Look at the google search to see the current links.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

I don't know what that's supposed to be, but I wouldn't put it past anyone to fraudulently put text and shit on a website so that it would appear higher on a google search, for whatever purpose.

This reminds me of when they purchased the FO license and we (DAC, NMA, Codex) rallied together in open warfare against them. Anyway, their heavyhanded, company line towing mods (they are somewhere to the right of Atilla the Hun those people) banned any reference to our sites or links, under the pretense that we had vulgar content or some such excuse for not wanting people to know that we were calling them on their bullshit PR excuses for Oblivionizing Fallout. Anyway. They especially took it on the chin from RPG Codex (this is before the decline when all the Elder Scrolls refugees who got burned off by Oblivion came over), in particularly witty and creative fashion. They autofiltered all references to the Codex and hyperlinks to "I love Oblivion" and iloveoblivion.com respectively. Mofos grrr. heh, anyway somebody at the codex bought the iloveoblivion.com domain and mirrored the Codex to it. Good stuff.

Then there was the guerilla interview that Brother None and somebody else crashed under the guise of some other website when they were explicitly denied entry as reps of NMA.
Those were fun times. I always said the shitstorm around FO3 was more fun than the game could ever be.

A real great article on Bethesda media/pr/fan interaction practices from that time:
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewto ... highlight=
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Cimmerian Nights wrote:under the pretense that we had vulgar content or some such excuse
When Bethesda bought that license, we were just coming out of the era of goatse, tubgirl and Nazi pictures everywhere. After the shit this website has pulled, complaining we're not considered a serious Fallout fansite is like sucking cock on camera then complaining you're not taken seriously as an actor.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

You mean the good old days?
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Yes.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

The tubgirl and nazi pictures was what made this a serious Fallout fansite anyway. The feel of this place was true to Fallout canon -- a post apocalyptic wasteland where everybody was welcome except the vegetable people and their zany hijinks or lack thereof. NMA, in comparison, could at best live up to being Tactics or Wasteland Merc.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Didnt someone (megs?) write some fake review as well back in the day? But mebbe that wasnt for fo3... I recall a dragon. Also there were fanart..

Ah, and toxic made that liberators poster which was brilliant. Post it again

Edit: the preview, not review, was stalker I realized. Not fo3.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

http://wasteland.duckandcover.cx/stalker/

a lot of shit is missing from there though, i think king of creation has a backup at his pappa's place or something but he'll never give it so whatever
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Ahh, yes. Those were the days, I still find the rex screenshot quite fun.
As I recall it some ppl actually thought the preview was real..
Our Host!