New Vegas: Meet the Companions

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

New Vegas: Meet the Companions

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

<strong>[ Game -> Preview ]</strong>

<p>Doc Hill has let us know that there is a site describing the possible companions you could meet in the game. Some spoilers may follow so be extra careful zomg.</p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;"><em><span>Big ol' article listing the bios and stats of what looks to be most of the New Vegas companions

<a href="http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/09/ ... ompanions/" target="_blank">http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/09/ ... anions/</a>

In short, supermutants, ghouls, robots, cyborg dog, and bitchy humans. Sounds like fallout 2. Follow the link for the whole thing, was a touch big to summerise</span></em></p>
<p><em><span>
</span></em></p>
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I think its interesting how companions give you a modifier. I don't want to jump to any conclusions but it sounds interesting.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Boss sauce. Lily is made of win. Overall very promising, nothing overpowered, each very specialized.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

I really hope companions mold in nicely with the gameplay. Good AI would be where the most brownie points were at.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

SenisterDenister wrote:I think its interesting how companions give you a modifier. I don't want to jump to any conclusions but it sounds interesting.
Aonaran wrote:Boss sauce. Lily is made of win. Overall very promising, nothing overpowered, each very specialized.
'nuff said :che:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Which character is being voiced by Felicia Day, again?
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

Post by Doc Hill »

Snarky brotherhood scribe chick Veronica
Life is like cheap whiskey, it's mostly bad, and leaves a shitty taste in your mouth, but it's better then nothing.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I was just made aware of the comments on the page, they are pretty interesting. Has lots of PS3 fans complaining how FO3 was a horrible port and kept freezing, then there is the bethesda guy trying to answer the questions. It's worth a read perhaps.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Wait, is that Cassidy's spawn I spot over thar?

It's nice to see a nod to the old games, even if I'd rather have a certain tribal with a kooky jamaican accent. ;)
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

Post by Doc Hill »

As a personal aside, the descriptions and general work that has gone into these companions give me some hope for a much more pleasing Fallout experience this time around.

I still reserve the right to call it Fallout in name only if it turns out they raped it anyway.
Life is like cheap whiskey, it's mostly bad, and leaves a shitty taste in your mouth, but it's better then nothing.
Taco-Hero
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Taco-Hero »

:salute: Doc Hill
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

Doc Hill wrote:As a personal aside, the descriptions and general work that has gone into these companions give me some hope for a much more pleasing Fallout experience this time around.

I still reserve the right to call it Fallout in name only if it turns out they raped it anyway.
that is EXACTLY what I thought; obsidian obviously put some amount of time and effort into developing these characters.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Don't know why, because Fallout was always about exploding heads and never about character interactions
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

Post by Doc Hill »

I thought it was about explosions and Alien motherships.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

IMO this is kind of gay, why do I care about the side kicks? All I want to know is if the Fat Man will be back and if there is a Fallout: New Vegas drifting minigame.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Taco-Hero
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Taco-Hero »

That's true. It would be more interesting, I think, if one of your companions was a talking motorcycle that you have to appreciate in order to get rides and stuff. That would definitely add to the overall Fallout aesthetic while still being true to the series.
AnneGwish
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by AnneGwish »

Cass' perk actually gives me a little hope that they're fixing shit to the way it should have been. Still, I reserve the right to call it shit.
"If you could be God's worst enemy, or nothing, which would you choose?" -Fight Club

"God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you" -Angelspit
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

Post by Doc Hill »

Snark aside, it looks like they're taking what they have to work with and doing their best with it. I'm not sure if it'll be up to par, but I think we can assume it'll be closer then 3 was...then again you know what they say about assuming.That's right, it makes an ass out of You and Ming. Fuck Ming.
Our Host!