the apocalypse is near. really

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

the apocalypse is near. really

Post by Mismatch »

Seems like the choice of pope was the wrong one.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... 0423161657
Artkill
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Artkill »

Explanations include an unknown virus, a fungus that has infected the water...
That's not too apocalyptic...
From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

well, those are just possible explainations....
it's satan comeing for us I say.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

I've warned you, goddamn it! The End is coming! Praise the Master, praise the Holy Flame!
vendetta
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by vendetta »

[. . .] crawling on the ground, swelling and then exploding.
Alleluia.
JohnPnP
I play with my P(n)P
I play with my P(n)P

Post by JohnPnP »

Pope dies!
APOCOLYPSE!
EzekielLyne (8:34:01 PM): would you be the one they make fun of?
EzekielLyne (8:34:31 PM): like "This here is John, the retarded gamer, he enjoys madden 2005, and grand theft auto
EzekielLyne (8:35:02 PM): and he is eagerly expecting the arrival of the next Lara Croft game
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Dying by a virus is pretty lame. I suggest we write a letter to all powers of the world: "Hey douchebags, launch those nukes. We're going down anyway so you could at last make party out of it!".
Serious Business.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

ph34r the "Pond of death!"...

..."Pond"..?
why not "Waterhole of death", or "The frog-sea of intestinal explosion!" or something like that
Testicular Pugilist
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

ApTyp wrote:I've warned you, goddamn it! The End is coming! Praise the Master, praise the Holy Flame!
Born in the early 1860s, The End is over 100 years old during the events of the game, set in 1964. He is a veteran of countless wars, and is considered to be the world's greatest sniper, as he originated all sniping techniques. He is said to never require a spotter, and can stay in the same prone sniping position without moving for days at a time. This is partially because he is an apparent autotroph - the energy provided by the photosynthetic moss that grows inside and outside of his body lets him go long periods without food or water.

As with the other members of the Cobra unit, his codename signifies the emotion he feels while on the battlefield ("the end" implies death). Since he is very old and incredibly close to death, he will often fall asleep during a battle. His closest companion, a parrot, will wake him up.

The End is also an expert on camouflage. His uniform consists of actual moss and leaves, and the sniping positions he chooses conceal him well. When in a prone position, he becomes "one" with the area - his body temperature lowers so that it is close to that of the surrounding foliage. This makes spotting him with thermal goggles difficult.

He is armed with a Mosin-Nagant sniper rifle that fires tranquilizer rounds. He also uses stun grenades.

The End was ultimately defeated by Naked Snake during a long sniper duel that took place in Sokrovenno, a large forest.
:chew:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Megatron wrote:Born in the early 1860s, The End is over 100 years old during the events of the game, set in 1964. He is a veteran of countless wars, and is considered to be the world's greatest sniper, as he originated all sniping techniques. He is said to never require a spotter, and can stay in the same prone sniping position without moving for days at a time. This is partially because he is an apparent autotroph - the energy provided by the photosynthetic moss that grows inside and outside of his body lets him go long periods without food or water.

As with the other members of the Cobra unit, his codename signifies the emotion he feels while on the battlefield ("the end" implies death). Since he is very old and incredibly close to death, he will often fall asleep during a battle. His closest companion, a parrot, will wake him up.

The End is also an expert on camouflage. His uniform consists of actual moss and leaves, and the sniping positions he chooses conceal him well. When in a prone position, he becomes "one" with the area - his body temperature lowers so that it is close to that of the surrounding foliage. This makes spotting him with thermal goggles difficult.

He is armed with a Mosin-Nagant sniper rifle that fires tranquilizer rounds. He also uses stun grenades.
Ok, I admit that to this point I figured this is some kind of your joke, Megatron. You know, a pretty stupid story to amuse people. I mean, moss sybiote? And parrot wakes him up... LOLZORORZOR!!!111
The End was ultimately defeated by Naked Snake during a long sniper duel that took place in Sokrovenno, a large forest.
So that's actual MGS3... Kojima, you are such a... japanese :drunk:

[Edit]Post more bios please kthx ok :chew:
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

It's all true.
Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

"Everyone's a girl when they're face down."
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

That fight was awesome.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

It was gay. I used night vision so I could see him and I ran up and shot him with the shotgun.

I stopped playing that game soon after the flaming cosmonaut.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I'm stuck at the flaming cosmonaut, this part sucks, it's too long and annoying. Is there any easy trick to defeat him? D:
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Aim for his slippers.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

?

I'm out cold.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

S4ur0n27 wrote:I'm stuck at the flaming cosmonaut, this part sucks, it's too long and annoying. Is there any easy trick to defeat him? D:
Just get up close and personal and pull off a combo with the knife on him.. It fucks up his suit.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Or just use the M63 and the RPG-7 and blow the shit out of the chap D;
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I've been to lazy to try it yet.
Our Host!