Updated: Fallout: New Vegas trailer is live!

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Amis wrote:QUOTE (Expresate @ Feb 4 2010, 11:42 AM) *
This ones for Chris Avellone;

You helped make Fallout 2, right? I think everybody agrees that Fallout 3 was different, but have you done anything to make NV be more like the first two? Or are you following in Bethesda's footsteps? To me it wouldn't matter either way. I'm just wondering.

Yep, I did area design and encounter design for F2 (worked on Vault City's third and final iteration, companions: Cassidy and Myron, special encounters, New Reno, Raider Camp, and the EPA, which got canned - and good thing, too, we already had too many locations) and some perk designs. Brian Menze, Feargus, Chris Jones, Scotty Everts, and Dan Spitzley are all here, all worked on Fallout 2, not all of them are on New Vegas, though.

The trailer is the only thing I can point to to answer your question, can't say much more than that. Josh and John Gonzalez (our creative lead and master of all things plot-related) put together a great story with some fun new mechanics, and they know their Fallout. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) I think we're using all the stuff we've been kicking around for the past ten+ years with RPGs and seeing how they can be applied to New Vegas on both the plot and system side.
Where's that from?
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

God damn it I love Ron Perlman.

Why "might" it be Tycho the figure in the vid? At the time of the NCR in Fallout 2 he'd be a dusty relic. Tandy was a youth and then a century old dinosaur. He was middle aged (presumably, just based on history of being a desert ranger, skill, etc.) he would be a pile of bleached bones by the time of Fallout 2.

I want more info.

Feargus, Chris, don't fuck us.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Seen some complaints about a whole city lit-up - I like this, actually. And it might indicate that Obsidian are fixing/being allowed to fix that FO3 thing where 200 yrs after the war looks like 1 day after the war.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Wasn't there also a nuclear power plant in Vegas in Wasteland? Also, the Hoover Dam is right there and could easily be the source of power.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
edhead
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by edhead »

Looks good.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

King of Creation wrote:Updated to show that the guy in the trailer might be Tycho.
jetbaby wrote:Why "might" it be Tycho the figure in the vid? At the time of the NCR in Fallout 2 he'd be a dusty relic. Tandy was a youth and then a century old dinosaur. He was middle aged (presumably, just based on history of being a desert ranger, skill, etc.) he would be a pile of bleached bones by the time of Fallout 2.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

According to Fo2 canon anyway, Tycho is dead. I can't remember how rightly, but it was in there somewere. Ausir?
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Dogmeatlives wrote:
The NCR flag immediately made me like it.

I have very high hopes.
What he said.

But what was the point of the robot digging or burying those bodies one grain of sand at a time?
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

It looks good, I'm pretty excited. Myonly concern is the super mutants I saw in the screenshots. With the Mutants being sterile, and the Military base destroyed, that means only those remaining from Fallout 2 could be around, (assuming mutants have extended life-spans) and those guys where pretty damn friendly all things considered!
ekkaman
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by ekkaman »

Mr. Teatime wrote:Seen some complaints about a whole city lit-up - I like this, actually. And it might indicate that Obsidian are fixing/being allowed to fix that FO3 thing where 200 yrs after the war looks like 1 day after the war.
agreed.
Our Host!