Weekend Droppings

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Weekend Droppings

Post by Killzig »

<strong>[ -> N/A]</strong>

First off we'll get Puuk's job description;

<blockquote>

I'm a content designer on the project. I have three areas that I am responsible for, ranging from small to huge. Content = area design, quest design, dialogues, map creation, critter creation, story implementation, etc. There are currently 5 content designers on VB.

JE is our overlord on VB. He's the one making sure everything is done in a timely manner, done well, and just plain DONE. He's doing a couple of areas, but his main focus is on the technical side - rules, animations, etc. There's probably more - he can answer more about his stuff than I.</blockquote>

Did you get that? JE's making sure everything is DONE, done, done--done! Aside from making sure things are DONE! he always tightens up that beast known as SPECIAL. Among one of his many changes <a href="http://forums.interplay.com/viewtopic.p ... ht=#522632

target=_blank>is merging the throwing and melee skills</a>. Maybe, now just maybe, that seems like a bit of an oversimplifying of the two skills but really, do I want to waste all those skill points just so that I can throw a grenade at a sentry bot? JE's also having a devil of a time <A href="http://forums.interplay.com/viewtopic.p ... ht=#522886" target=_blank>why he's taking design tips from THE FONZ!</a>.

I think Black Isle is entering the make something unreal contest with JE's <a href="http://forums.interplay.com/viewtopic.p ... ht=#523049" target=_blank>BITCHIN idea...</a>

<blockquote>I've mentioned this before, but I'd like to see a game set in the Fallout world's Europe during the resource wars that took place there around the 2060s. Focused on team-based multiplayer, I think the gameplay could be a blend of Motocross Madness pacing, Battlefield: 1942 foot and vehicle combat, and slightly longer-than-CS duration rounds. Add in a salvaging elements so you can either repair or strip down damaged vehicles/weapons and use them in the next round. Could be a lot of fun, but not necessarily for Fallout RPG fans.</blockquote>

And before you yell about it not being canon, JE says;

<blockquote>

I know you're kidding, but actually, it is part of the "Fallout canon". Prior to the nuclear holocaust in 2077, Europe destabilized and fell apart. If they weren't fighting each other, they were fighting Middle Eastern nations for the quickly dwindling oil supplies.</blockquote>

So NYAH!

JE also finds <a href="http://forums.interplay.com/viewtopic.p ... ht=#523502" target=_blank>realistic inventory models</a> highly annoying and wishes to smite any developers out there who even consider the thought. Really now, don't you assholes realize it's FUN to carry three miniguns and a partridge in a pear tree?
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Re: Weekend Droppings

Post by Raymondo »

Killzig wrote:JE is our overlord on VB. He's the one making sure everything is done in a timely manner, done well, and just plain DONE. He's doing a couple of areas, but his main focus is on the technical side - rules, animations, etc. There's probably more - he can answer more about his stuff than I.
So he's the producer? Why didn't just say that? I think he should be writing less about JE and more on the Fallout game docs ;)
I've mentioned this before, but I'd like to see a game set in the Fallout world's Europe during the resource wars that took place there around the 2060s. Focused on team-based multiplayer, I think the gameplay could be a blend of Motocross Madness pacing, Battlefield: 1942 foot and vehicle combat, and slightly longer-than-CS duration rounds. Add in a salvaging elements so you can either repair or strip down damaged vehicles/weapons and use them in the next round. Could be a lot of fun, but not necessarily for Fallout RPG fans.
WOW if its 3d and has the Fallout name on it I’ll buy it for sure.
JE also finds <a href="http://forums.interplay.com/viewtopic.p ... ht=#523502" target=_blank>realistic inventory models</a> highly annoying and wishes to smite any developers out there who even consider the thought. Really now, don't you assholes realize it's FUN to carry three miniguns and a partridge in a pear tree?
Personally I think Real Inventories work better on a game like soldier of fortune or something similar, RPG's with real inventories just kill the game but the weight cap in Fallout does he to be turned down just a little.
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

I've mentioned this before, but I'd like to see a game set in the Fallout world's Europe during the resource wars that took place there around the 2060s. Focused on team-based multiplayer, I think the gameplay could be a blend of Motocross Madness pacing, Battlefield: 1942 foot and vehicle combat, and slightly longer-than-CS duration rounds. Add in a salvaging elements so you can either repair or strip down damaged vehicles/weapons and use them in the next round. Could be a lot of fun, but not necessarily for Fallout RPG fans.
Eheheh this might be a joke to make us all scream in agony ;)
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Briosafreak wrote:
Eheheh this might be a joke to make us all scream in agony ;)
Then again it might not. D:
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Post by Raymondo »

I think its kind of a good idea but its really the way he uses it.
Senor Deluxe
Respected
Respected

Post by Senor Deluxe »

I do not think it would be a good idea. FO is VERY much about US culture (pulp scifi, tail-fins, lonely highways, optimism, consumerism,...). The FO setting is a really "north-american" vision of nuclear war and of the future itself. Europe during the fifties was very different. I don´t think that would mix well...
Human Shield
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Human Shield »

Bad idea. I always throught some game could take place during the Guild Wars that happened in the HUB.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Call it "Resource Wars", put a VERY small line in the manual or in a blurb on the back of the box "set in the Fallout world" and it'd be fine.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Our Host!