Sweet tobacco

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.

Post by Guest »

Franz wrote:It's about the rights of the people who have to breathe the second hand smoke.
That's what non-smoking sections are for.
living in California which has about the lowest percentage of cigg smokers in the world
I've always found it odd that it's incredibly uncool to smoke in certain places, whereas in other places it's practically de rigeur. (That's Portuguese). Here in London, Ontario, every other person smokes. I wish I were kidding.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Subhuman wrote:Here in London, Ontario, every other person smokes.
That's because you live in a shithole? I've been in London, I know what it's like. Either start killing yourself now or move somewhere cool, where there's actual cool things to do. And I suggest that you get going soon. Or not, depending.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.

Post by Guest »

atoga wrote:That's because you live in a shithole? I've been in London, I know what it's like. Either start killing yourself now or move somewhere cool, where there's actual cool things to do. And I suggest that you get going soon. Or not, depending.
You don't have to tell me. Read my columns - I plan to beat feet to Toronto as soon as I get the cash money for a decent apartment.
Som Guy
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Som Guy »

Franz_Schubert wrote:I'm a Libertarian and I still support the smoking ban. It's about the rights of the people who have to breathe the second hand smoke. If you want to inhale cancer just to seem cool, then do it in your house, where it doesn't kill bystanders.
Hey, here's an idea, how about respecting the owner of the place to allow or not allow it, since you know, it's HIS/HER property? Don't act like those places belong to the government, they belong to people. Then again nobody thought it was okay for people to segregate among races on thier private property ethier. It's rather sad how even if you buy a place, you don't really even own it.
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

Frequent usage of THB causes cerebral degeneration. At least you wont grow stupid over time by smoking conventional cigarettes.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Lynxer - Really ? How would you describe the premeditated act of taking poison into one's body as anything but mentally suspect ?

I feel similarly negative towards Marijuana, probably because it can cause schizophrenia and other assorted forms of psychosis in certain individuals. :drunk:
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

It doesn't take much to know that I don't like drugs and I never will. Cigerattes I guess are ok, Alchohol I have to say is ok in order for me to remain unhypocritical (I like the taste of beer, sake, and whiskey, what can I say?). To me drugs equal an escape from reality that you've induced on yourself to alter your mental state. As such its abit differant from other sorts of entertainment/"Escapes from reality" (You're not escaping as well as when you're hallucinating). To me thats weakness. You should face up to reality for what it is. If your life is horrible, get up off your ass and do something about it instead of just smoking your fears away.

To quote Seargent Barnes - I don't need that shit to escape reality, I am reality.
Harriers for the cup.

Post by Guest »

But people don't always do drugs to escape reality - sometimes it's fun to just trip.
Blargh wrote:I feel similarly negative towards Marijuana, probably because it can cause schizophrenia and other assorted forms of psychosis in certain individuals.
That, or you're just not cool enough to score some.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Subhuman wrote:But people don't always do drugs to escape reality - sometimes it's fun to just trip.
You've just accomplished the magical task of saying the same thing twice, just with using differant words. Double Speak = Teh New L33t?
Harriers for the cup.

Post by Guest »

Wolfman wrote:You've just accomplished the magical task of saying the same thing twice, just with using differant words.
Um...no. Actually, I made a point (people don't always do drugs to escape reality), then added another point to emphasize the meaning of the first one (tripping is fun).

TRUST ME ON THIS.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I'm not trusting you on this because you're generally a retard. Guess what they're having fun by doing, ESCAPING REALITY! OMG WHAT A CONCEPT! The goal of what they acheive may be differant, the mechanism (Escaping reality through a foreign mind altering substance) however is the same. Sorry, case closed.
Harriers for the cup.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

I don't smoke and I tend to avoid most bars/pubs/clubs simply because I usually come out stinking of smoke and I hate that.
I'm not passing judgement on peoples' right to smoke, just saying my experience with the subject.

Post by Guest »

Wolfman wrote:Guess what they're having fun by doing, ESCAPING REALITY! OMG WHAT A CONCEPT!
But you're saying that all drug users want to escape the crappiness of their lives, and that's bullshit - plenty of happy, successful people do drugs every now and then just for the fun of it.
Wolfman Walt wrote:I'm not trusting you on this because you're generally a retard.
Not when it comes to sentence structure. Don't bother arguing, dude - it's a losing battle.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I never once said it was solely used for people to escape their crappy lives or that someone had to be miserable to use it. I said people use it as an escape. Once again, the goal may be differant but the mechanism is still the same.

I'll keep in mind that the grammar nazi's are out because thats generally a sign of a losing battle. If I wanted another English teacher I'd take more english classes. But until you start taking "Special Ed for Special People" and "How to make an argument 101" I suggest you refrain from attempting to insult my argument.
Harriers for the cup.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

You could argue playing games or watching movies is escaping from reality. I'd have thought smoking tobacco would just be an image thing, while beer could either be escaping reality, an image thing or just that you can do what you want when drunk then blame it on the booze.

Hallucinagenics and Opiates might be used to 'escape reality', but it also could be that the user wants to have a different perception on something or that it's just like watching a movie or game. Something to pass the time.

Also, what's so bad about 'escaping reality'. Who cares if you want to burn away a few brain-cells? You're not exactly enjoying the varied fruits of life if your fat ass is sweating in your leather chair as you go on the internet for 3 hours.

whatever dudes, chill B)
:chew:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I can't see how having fun with frugs is escaping reality. It's just give you weird feeling, it's just fun. Don't search for some shitty meaning.
Aneurysm
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Aneurysm »

Usually people just start smoking to look cool or because everyone is doing it, later on they get so addicted to fags they are like monkeys on bananas.
:dead: In remembrance of Porcu :dead:
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Most smokers I talk to say they'd like to quit.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Yeah, smoking is generally a thing most people regret. Supposedly, by the age of 21, more than half the kids who started smoking at an earlier age would like to call it quits. Oh well, sucks to be them.

Walt, your argument doesn't make sense. Your view of reality while on drugs, so long as you're not hallucinating, is still a fairly rational, if different, view of reality. How is wanting to smoke pot a "weakness" exactly?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

The view is exactly the same, it's just a physical state which is pleasant.
Our Host!