Sweet tobacco

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Sweet tobacco

Post by Lynxer »

What brand are you deliberately poisoning yourself with?

Again..?

Yes, again.

I'm accustomed to indulging myself with regular Marlboro's. Yep, ordinary.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

Captain Blacks and/or Colts.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Tobacco is for idiots and pathetically vain losers... they should take all of the people who smoke and dump them in Africa so that they don't bear weight on my precious health care system.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

atoga wrote:Tobacco is for idiots and pathetically vain losers... they should take all of the people who smoke and dump them in Africa so that they don't bear weight on my precious health care system.
Go smoke some weed you ignorant little twit.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Gladly?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

atoga wrote:Gladly?
Please tell me how you coroberate smoking tobacco with being a vain loser when every stupid fucker in the world smokes weed?
Makes you feel special being normal?
Not like smoking weed is any different. You are inhaling quite possibly the same shit thats in cigarettes and more. If you smoked a joint for every pack I smoked, i'd bet you a nickle you would die of cancer first.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Dunno if you've got snus over there, but this is what I use:
That was not my particular brand though.
you smack it unedr your lip and well...
that's about it.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

First of all, more people smoke tobacco those who smoke weed. Even now, supposedly only 12% of Canadian youths smoke weed regularly, and the figure is significantly less for adults. The figures for cigarrettes are, conversely, much higher. Also, tobacco doesn't do anything much at all to you, compared to weed, which is quite uplifting - the original happy-drug.

As for the health effects of smoking weed, that's pretty much true, but I highly doubt that I smoke a joint as often as you smoke a pack. I dig the brownies, too.

I despise pot culture, however. I'm not into all that raving 13-year-old "lol im so high" bullshit. Basically I just smoke weed on my own and go for a walk or listen to music, or with a couple of friends.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Is snus like chewing tobacco?
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD wrote:Is snus like chewing tobacco?
not quite, I think it came from that snuff (or whatever it was called) that ppl in the 18th century sniffed up their noses.
You just cram the snus under your upper lip and it sits there for 40-60minutes, giving off taste and nicotine and such.
But I suppose it reminds of chewing tobacco.

edit: 18th not 8th

edit again:
dug up some info about snus:

Swedish snus is a ground tobacco product dating from the late 1700s. Even at that time, Swedish snus, which is used orally, was distinctive from the nasal snuff products used in many other countries.

Swedish snus contains three main ingredients: selected tobaccos, water and salt. Flavor additives are also used. It is moist for easy use.

Swedish snus is heat-treated in a process closely related to pasteurization. This process ensures that microorganisms are neutralized, and that the snus stays fresh longer.

In Sweden, snus is regulated as a food product. Sanitation requirements in Swedish snus factories are the same as those used in food production. All additives are approved as food additives.

Charles Lindbergh became the century's first hero when in 1927 he flies Spirit of St. Louis alone across the Atlantic between New York and Paris. It's been told that Charles Lindbergh, of Swedish ancestry, became a great fan of Swedish snus after trying it on one of his many journeys to Europe
Last edited by Mismatch on Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

atoga wrote:First of all, more people smoke tobacco those who smoke weed. Even now, supposedly only 12% of Canadian youths smoke weed regularly, and the figure is significantly less for adults. The figures for cigarrettes are, conversely, much higher. Also, tobacco doesn't do anything much at all to you, compared to weed, which is quite uplifting - the original happy-drug.

As for the health effects of smoking weed, that's pretty much true, but I highly doubt that I smoke a joint as often as you smoke a pack. I dig the brownies, too.

I despise pot culture, however. I'm not into all that raving 13-year-old "lol im so high" bullshit. Basically I just smoke weed on my own and go for a walk or listen to music, or with a couple of friends.
Well than atoga. I don't hate you nearly as much as I thought.
As a reference point, I doubt you have smoked cigarettes because they do give you quite a buzz when you don't smoke alot.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

I've smoked one cigarette, solely for the purpose of being able to truthfully answer questions like that. I coughed and stuff. The aroma isn't nearly as tasty as the smell of weed.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Mismatch wrote:
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD wrote:Is snus like chewing tobacco?
not quite, I think it came from that snuff (or whatever it was called) that ppl in the 18th century sniffed up their noses.
You just cram the snus under your upper lip and it sits there for 40-60minutes, giving off taste and nicotine and such.
But I suppose it reminds of chewing tobacco.

edit: 18th not 8th

edit again:
dug up some info about snus:

Swedish snus is a ground tobacco product dating from the late 1700s. Even at that time, Swedish snus, which is used orally, was distinctive from the nasal snuff products used in many other countries.

Swedish snus contains three main ingredients: selected tobaccos, water and salt. Flavor additives are also used. It is moist for easy use.

Swedish snus is heat-treated in a process closely related to pasteurization. This process ensures that microorganisms are neutralized, and that the snus stays fresh longer.

In Sweden, snus is regulated as a food product. Sanitation requirements in Swedish snus factories are the same as those used in food production. All additives are approved as food additives.

Charles Lindbergh became the century's first hero when in 1927 he flies Spirit of St. Louis alone across the Atlantic between New York and Paris. It's been told that Charles Lindbergh, of Swedish ancestry, became a great fan of Swedish snus after trying it on one of his many journeys to Europe
I once tried chewing tobacco. You can feel the mouth and throat cancer taking hold.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Tobacco doesn't give a buzz.

And snus sounds like anus with a typo.
First Force
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by First Force »

i smoke camel medium, oh by the way one of the main incomes of the goverment is the taxes over sigarets and booze, wich they can use for funding healthcare, ah well..... helping good with soemthing evil as they say
You are losing it, doesn`t matter, let`s close our eyes and wake up from this dream.....
-------------------------------
Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity.
-------------------------------
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

S4ur0n27 wrote:Tobacco doesn't give a buzz.

And snus sounds like anus with a typo.
You don't get as bad a buzz if you smoke for a while. But you sure as shit get a buzz if you barely smoke.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I smoke Seneca when I'm poor..They're $11USD per carton. And when I've got cash I go for Carnival. They're $14USD
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

ExtremeDrinker wrote:I smoke Seneca when I'm poor..They're $11USD per carton. And when I've got cash I go for Carnival. They're $14USD
Holy shit. $11 a carton. Thats like smoking indian cigarettes.

Post by Guest »

If I was a smoker, I'd be right pissed about the smoking ban. I mean, no smoking in bars? The fuck? It's a bar, people. Jesus.

Luckily, I don't smoke. Everyone else I know does, though. EVERYONE.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

I'm a Libertarian and I still support the smoking ban. It's about the rights of the people who have to breathe the second hand smoke. If you want to inhale cancer just to seem cool, then do it in your house, where it doesn't kill bystanders.

Incidentally, that's my same view on Marijuana legalization. And public drunkenness for that matter. And of course, living in California which has about the lowest percentage of cigg smokers in the world.
Our Host!