New Tiles, and some old ones.

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

New Tiles, and some old ones.

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

For those of you who don't vist NMA very often Odin has kindly posted the tiles I've done in one handy 11 meg pack. It includes the tiles I've previously posted to JJ and MV and a whole new bunch including some for you guys making maps for the WW2 mod.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

Tried to download the tile pack but the 3D downloads says it doesn't exist. Ill check back later.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

It should be working now.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Should be interesting at least the interface. I prob have the rest.
Thanks.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Flamescreen wrote:I prob have the rest.
Thanks.
The tile pack contains all the old one's I've released plus a load of new tiles.

i.e. someone along tile ago wanted some climbable plants, I've done some climbing ivy, which you can use to decorate ruins or as a replacement for the ladder tiles.

Also someone else was after a checkpoint barrier, there are a couple included, plus new trees some camo net tiles etc etc.
War Bringer
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller
Location: Eden Facility 3 Project: Sigma (Testing) In.The.Center.Of.The.Storm

Post by War Bringer »

i have downloaded the tiles and i think you are a god.

i'd be honored if you can make some tiles for me sometime

WB
"...Half a man's corpse laid on the hallway floor starring at itself,
probably wondering what had happened to the rest of his body..."
- Brothers Of The Dark

Big Tom
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Big Tom »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:
Flamescreen wrote:I prob have the rest.
Thanks.
The tile pack contains all the old one's I've released plus a load of new tiles.

i.e. someone along tile ago wanted some climbable plants, I've done some climbing ivy, which you can use to decorate ruins or as a replacement for the ladder tiles.

Also someone else was after a checkpoint barrier, there are a couple included, plus new trees some camo net tiles etc etc.
Yes exactly good work reguiem. Do you still working on something for Fallout or not?

BigTom
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

A couple of mini-campaigns, and a standalone map or two. Trouble is I'm really bored with FOT and find it hard to knuckle down and do some tiling, so I'm skipping between projects and looking at the HLF editors.

Maybe I'll have something new out for FOT this time next year. :giggle:
War Bringer
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller
Location: Eden Facility 3 Project: Sigma (Testing) In.The.Center.Of.The.Storm

Post by War Bringer »

i have no clue on what it takes to make custom tiles, but i was wondering... if you say... make a custom tile out of your maps ENTIRE floor, would it save memory? ... since it becomes one tile. i know you wouldn't be able to really edit it after that. but again, it would save memory, right?
"...Half a man's corpse laid on the hallway floor starring at itself,
probably wondering what had happened to the rest of his body..."
- Brothers Of The Dark

requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

I doubt it, more like the opposite. Really large tiles tend to take up more memory, plus it doesn't matter if it's one tile or 300 the game has to render the same amount of detail. Besides there's a limit to how big a tile Redviewer can handle. I can't remember what it is but I doubt you'd be able to make more than a couple of buildings worth of floor space.
Big Tom
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Big Tom »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:A couple of mini-campaigns, and a standalone map or two. Trouble is I'm really bored with FOT and find it hard to knuckle down and do some tiling, so I'm skipping between projects and looking at the HLF editors.

Maybe I'll have something new out for FOT this time next year. :giggle:
Are you going to release this mini-campaigns or you already did it?
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

I'm still working on them, I've got maybe 50% of the tiling done on one of them and about 25% on the other.
Big Tom
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Big Tom »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:I'm still working on them, I've got maybe 50% of the tiling done on one of them and about 25% on the other.
Sorry requiem for frankness but isn´t it one of the reason why some guys give up their plans, because the started to work on many project at once?
I know what I am talken about.
In one campaign is so lot of works... :crazy:

I hope that you have enough energy to finish them and I wish you gest of luck. Also from certain reason because I would like to play another game not only from my cretion. :confused2:

And in this case IF you will need some help with triggers or another variables I am (I thing) good with it :joy:
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

I've always worked this way, I switch back and forth between different projects whenever I get bored of tiling a particular map or stuck with the speech files etc. I've never not finished a project, though some have been scrapped because they were crap or folded into another project. The only real threat to my not finishing is Real Life problems getting in the way (or I find another game that's even easier to map/mod for ;) ) at the moment I'm selling my property and have half my stuff packed up, no electricity and no computer. I can only work on FOT when I visit my Father at weekends and use his pc.

So the going is rather slow at the moment.
Big Tom
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Big Tom »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:I've always worked this way, I switch back and forth between different projects whenever I get bored of tiling a particular map or stuck with the speech files etc. I've never not finished a project, though some have been scrapped because they were crap or folded into another project. The only real threat to my not finishing is Real Life problems getting in the way (or I find another game that's even easier to map/mod for ;) ) at the moment I'm selling my property and have half my stuff packed up, no electricity and no computer. I can only work on FOT when I visit my Father at weekends and use his pc.

So the going is rather slow at the moment.
So that is very bad requiem. I hope that in the future you will have enough time and enthusiasm and also PC to finished some of your projects currently in process. But still if you need some help with triggers here I am

BT
Sorry for my Barbarian English, because I am Barbarian
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Hey, hope things'll go much better for you, man.
The climpable ivy is an awesome idea.

What many people here never thought of probably, btw, is that you can actually creat many new things using parts already in the game. When you'll see my work, you'll see how this happens.
xkcon
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by xkcon »

Hi guys, its been sometime since I last posted, and now I come back and see there are some new tiles... awesome! only problem is I'm not familiar with .rar files. how do I unpack the rar file to access the tiles? (stupid question, I know)
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

You need to download a program called winrar.

***Warning Rant begins***

I wish people wouldn't use winrar to publish files, it might get better compression but not everyone uses it and unlike winzip files, which most archive programs can handle, I haven't found any other program that can handle rar files.

If people are going to use winrar to publish their stuff can you at least make it a self extracting file so others don't have to download extra software just to open it.

***Rant Over Thank you for your patience.*** :)

Next time I update the tile pack I'll ask Odin to zip it instead, unfortunately I had to break the file into 12 to email it to him and he joined it all up into a single rar file.

Cheers
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

Hey, Req, I got a tile request for ya. If you'd be so kind as to consider it.

You know that folder of tiles you made from sprites of FO folks called 'audience'? Do you think you could see you way to making a batch of tiles from the same human FO denizens (specifically unarmoured citizens) but dead? I'm after those corpses which have been killed in the least destructive, non-critical ways, ideally. IE: not exploded, slagged, or shredded by minigun fire! :flamed:
xkcon
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by xkcon »

These Tiles are very nice, thanks alot for the good work. I'm sure I'll use them in the future.
Our Host!