Underslung Grenade Launcher

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Underslung Grenade Launcher

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

It is possible to finesse something of an underslung grenade launcher.

It's important to set up mode 0 as your grenade, and move single and burst modes up to modes 1&2. I changed the mode name to grenade and added grenade to the weapon.txt in locale/game, then changed the damage modifier to 10 and set up the impact fx, the projectile invisible and grenade impact sounds as the grenade launcher entity. It's important to keep the Spread (Arc) to straight otherwise the explosion big impact fx won't work.

If you are going to use the damage radius keep it low (1-2) so as not to make the single shot and burst fire over powerful.

Also you can perhaps make the grenade mode overlong and give a negative accuracy modifier to prevent people from over using this mode, and perhaps blowing themselves up.

When you choose the grenade mode in combat with normal ammo you'll get the explosion effect but the enemy won't die an explosive death unless you get a critical. If you won't you can make some explosive ammo, I've been using xbow's m41 sprite and so I created some 10mm ammo in BoSEE, for the grenades I used a copy of the 40mm grenades but in BoSEE changed their ammo type to 10mm so they could be loaded in the same gun.

One thing I'd say is keep the amount of grenades available low, because while loaded you can still use the other fire modes but you won't get the explosive impact fx or damage multiplyer just the exploding death.

I hope this makes sense to people?
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Our Host!