How does armor work in FOT?

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Burnov
Wanderer
Wanderer

How does armor work in FOT?

Post by Burnov »

I never really paid much attention to the way armor specifically worked in Fallout.

However I'm beginning to wonder how it works in FOT.

As far as I understand, AC only determines whether you're going to get hit in the first place, correct?

Secondly how does the threshold and resistance percentage work?

I'm trying to figure out how much damage specific types of armor can absorb.
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Re: How does armor work in FOT?

Post by M92FS »

Burnov wrote:I never really paid much attention to the way armor specifically worked in Fallout.

However I'm beginning to wonder how it works in FOT.

As far as I understand, AC only determines whether you're going to get hit in the first place, correct?

Secondly how does the threshold and resistance percentage work?

I'm trying to figure out how much damage specific types of armor can absorb.
Resistance percentage is the percentage of damage that the armor reduces when your char. get hit.
It's about *beep*in' time some backup got here! Quote by Paladin Solo. ( FOT )

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who do the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh, yeah? Ok.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload. ... ile_id=762
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

here is part of how it works.

The combat system in FOT is not unlike that found in the old FRP board games like ICE/character law etc. it is a percentile system. The hit and the damage that hit does are separate thingamabobs.

lets say a kneeling bad guy fires at you while you are dressed in type 2 leather armor from a range of 7 and his weapon has a max range of 14 and the gun does between 10 and 20 points of damage.

Factors:
Range to target (the closer you are the higher the chance of getting hit) +50 (half range)

Arc = straight (so no negative modifier is put into the formula.) +0

shooting position prone, kneeling, and standing the lower you are to the ground the better it is for accuracy I don't know the actual bonus for positions are but lets say that prone =+10 kneeling =+5 standing =+0

weapon accuracy bonus +10

skill bonus +75

AC = .30 (30%) AC or armor class is your armor and agility and evasion perks.

add these up and you get something like (RNG+ARC+POS+WPN+SKILL) x (1- AC) = HITBONUS = 91

now there must be a line of code in there that does this

IF HITBONUS >= 95 THEN HitBonus= 95. thats right you never get a higher than 95% chance to hit the target.

Now once the shot is launched some little dodad in the program might do something like check and see if you bucked your shot.

A random number from 1 to 100 is generated if that number is lower than or equal to your HITBONUS then you hit the target if its higher you miss

ok assume your enemy scored a hit with a weapon that does normal damage and no special damage.

to determin the damage he infilifcted on you.

The program loads the weapons damage range into a formula along with any target to gun range modifiers.

low= 10 high = 20 by some means probably a combination of range and a random number to determine the base damage. that number is modified by any perks you might have such as Bonus ranged damage etc
a number pops out of the mill and lets say it is 18

your type 2 leather armor has a normal damage resistance of 25%
so the enemy drills you for 13 or 14 points of damage.

DAMAGE = int (DAMAGE x .75) = 13. 0

then the chance of a critical is determine and if he 'crits" on you then the location of the hit and its severity is determined and the result could be anything from being knocked down to getting a crippled limb or be Klilled.

thats basically how the system works but I am more than likley wrong on the exact values of the modifiers and there maye be other factors that modify the event but thats the idea.

AC= how hard you are to hit

RESISTANCE = What percentage of the damage is deflected by the armor.
Our Host!