Anybody who is anybody should read this

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Anybody who is anybody should read this

Post by Retlaw83 »

I hope people other than modders check out what us bad kids are doing near the bottom of the forum, because what I'm about to say should effect people who like Tactics and people who hated it.

I have just finished making FoT sprites for the 10mm pistol, 10mm smg, 14mm pistol, .223 pistol, assault rifle and combat shotgun from the Fallout RPGs, as well as sprites for their ammunition. I am now going to recreate these weapons in the Tactics editor, making a mod to replace every single real-world gun in the single-player campaign with their original Fallout counterparts. I am leaving the unarmed and melee weapons as-is, because they feel scrounged up and post-apocalyptic.

I am keeping the acid sprayer and possibly a few other "fake" weapons as they are in the spirit of Fallout. I am also going to make the Avenger minigun spit out good 'ol 5mm rounds. The Tommy gun is getting cut due to my new handling of the .45 ammo, but the FN FAL, Pancor Jackhammer and M60 will still be present because they were featured in Fallout 2. The M60 is a must, as there needs to be a big gun smaller than a minigun.

So... I'm not posting this thread looking for input or help, so much as I'm posting it to tell people what's up. I feel that if I remake the weapons right it will eliminate a lot of the bitching about the dev's weapons choice, and maybe provoke people who hated Tactics because it wasn't exactly cannon into giving the game another look.

It might also interest everyone to know that the source of the images and descriptions for these new FoT entities is none other than the DaC Fallout 1 weapons page, because my computer doesn't like taking screenshots of the Fallout RPGs.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Sounds good although I could have saved you alot of work and sent you all the sprites that have already been made of these weapons....
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:Sounds good although I could have saved you alot of work and sent you all the sprites that have already been made of these weapons....
Gartzarnit. Its not like I wasted two hours of my life, because I would have just spent it playing Fo1, Medieval Total War or wrestling on my PS1 emulator.

Could you do me and favor and send them anyway? They might work better than mine, because the guismall icons look craptacular.

I also made a 14mm JHP sprite by recoloring the red band at the bottom of the clip to blue, so I guess that can be looked forward to.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Our Host!