Chef Xbow's guide to Wasteland Cuisine.

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Chef Xbow's guide to Wasteland Cuisine.

Post by xbow »

name_spinach = {Spinach}
desc_spinach = {A can of nutritious iron rich spinach packed in saurkraut juice, a foul tasting mixture but one that charges the body with energy and strength.}

name_purewater = {Pure Water}
desc_purewater = {A can of pure mountain spring water made by the pre war civil defense organizations and stored in vast quantities in vaults and bomb shelters around the country. It is an excellent curative}

name_spam = {Spam}
desc_spam = {A can of greasy meat packed with fat and iodized salt, don't knock it, it has its own key.}

name_milk = {Canned Milk}
desc_milk = {Milk that has been irradiated, pasturized and packed with vitamins minerals and iodine to soak up radiation, it is a great restorative.}

name_sardines = {Sardines}
desc_sardines = {A can of long shelf life sardines packed in oil and enriched with vitamins and minnerals. good stuff!}

name_blacktea = {Black Tea}
desc_blacktea = {A sumptious brew of rare teas and herbs garenteed to kick you into maximum overdrive.}

name_steak = {Bhramin Steak}
desc_steak = {A slab of tasty bhramin meat, a meal fit for a king.}

name_hardtac = {hardtac}
desc_hardtac = {A tooth jarring hard bisquit that makes up in nutrition for what it lacks in palatability.}

name_soylentgreen = {Soylent Green}
desc_soylentgreen = {A wafer of highly nutritious and curative compounds made from.....NO! you really don't want to know what its made of."

Download sprites, entities, text
MurPHy
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MurPHy »

Kickass! I've always wanted some SPAM! That stuff lasts forever.
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

thks a lot for the sprites/entities. : )

what happen to the guns and ammo sprites/entities ?
It's about *beep*in' time some backup got here! Quote by Paladin Solo. ( FOT )

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who do the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh, yeah? Ok.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload. ... ile_id=762
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Nice one, especially the soylent green.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Spam is the quintessential 50s survival food - it first appeared during WW2 to ease strain on the meat supplies, and then marketed during the 50s as the perfect thing to stock bomb shelters.

This makes me wonder why something similar to it has never been included in Fallout games.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

I am trying to find the SPAM can that the emergency food and housing component of CD used in public shelters. I think it was a plain green can with something like 'pork loaf in water' written on it but there was a cool CD logo behind the printing. In any case I will be putting more bomb shelter chow on the board soon any requests?
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Not shelter but how about some cooked meals, perhaps on a cafeteria/tv dinner tray.

Cheers.
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

consider it done I just snagged a few pix of military trays and some TV dinners, since its a full balanced meal how many HP's should consuming one restore? 5 to 10 sound right?
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

8-12, perhaps with a 1-3 chance of food poisoning?
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

Food Poisoning ha ha ha I like that ...just like good old USMC field chow Muhahhahahh! What I have worked up so far is a TV dinner and a brahmin pot pie. Ill probably post them tomorrow noon (PST) with the bogie in place. ill post two versions of the meals one that's always good and one that can bite back. of course the descriptions will be exactly the same. good call.

caio
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Post by PaladinHeart »

Thanks, these are really cool.

A little pouch with various teeth spilling out of it, and a little pouch with various shells spilling out would be nice if you could make either of those.

Well anyways im going to eventually get around to taking pictures of both items. Maybe I can post them on here and someone can edit/make them. That'd be really cool because I want to use various forms of currency in my mod.

Hmm.. here's some suggestions. Sorry if they've been made. I can't recall:

Canteen

Rations (like a kit that says 1 day's ration on it?)

Really old twinkie, still in the wrapper (hard as a rock). Can be thrown :D

Pickled pig stuff (feet, ears, etc..)

Bagged jerky and/or doggie treats.

Oatmeal

Bubblegum Flavored Toothpaste (restores a bit of life and reduces radiation, but gives you belly cramps, -1 endurance & agility for a couple hours).

Nuts, with/without worms in em. Maybe even jordan almonds.

Bag of potato chips.

Various types of bottled water. I think more different sprites for bottled water would be really cool.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

canteen: that worls for me I think ill make them
a military canteen
a water skin
a can of civil defense water (done)
a bottle of Avion water
A bottle of perie water.
A bottle of water with electrolyte(propel)

Rations I found a perfect sprite someone made of a C ration
its really well done.

fosilized twinkie ill give it a shot.

a clear Jar of pigs feet would work

pemican jerkey thats easy

chips why not

nuts W/WO worms ok

oatmeal with or without meal worms ok

now how to change the barter system so that items can be swapped for items fill me in man that would be cool as ice.

Here is a thought every critter you shoot has 'meat' in its inventory from dog to raider just depends on weather you want to take a slice of whatever to recharge yourself. Of course eating a zombie cutlet would give you both poison and rad damage and eating human meat would drive down that charisma for awhile. a goulish thought but the wasteland is a harsh mistress.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

JJ made a nice rations sprite for me a long time ago, if it's not still available on his tutorial pages you can grab it from my deathground map.

A military canteen would be much appreciated.

Some jerrycans, either for gas or water would be perhaps something you'd find in a shelter.
gomimin
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by gomimin »

bowbowwow!!!

many thanx Mr. xbow
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Post by PaladinHeart »

Wow, cool, I didn't think you would consider doing that many of my suggestions :)

You can make multiple money type items if you use the same object ID as the original money. The catch is that they all have the same description. But you can have a description telling what each is worth. A good tradeoff, which I have used in my mod.

You can still give each one a unique name, so its not really a big problem. You could even use this to have pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, dollars, fives, tens, twenties, etc.. Help us stay sharp in our modern exact change giving ways :)
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Aren't Twinkies the ultimate in post nuclear cuisine?
Harriers for the cup.
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Aren't Twinkies the ultimate in post nuclear cuisine?
I do believe you are right especially if they are rock hard from age and irradiated to ensure a long shelf life. Like Requiem says 'throwable'.
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

hey requiem_for_a_starfury and [TBC]-PaladinHeart some of what you wanted. The guiDefault images for cooked meals are a little more problamatic making them look right in game is a pain in the arse so I opted for the cheap way out you get just one view on the ground or in some case I used the tiny images from the stock game(lazy is as Lazy does).

file list:

pickled pigs feet
pickled pig nutz
bottled Water
bottled Water BAD
big military Canteen
small militaryCanteen
Bug Pot Pie
meal on metal tray

Note: Bad water has the same sprite and description as good water risk is the spice of life.

Download nutrition package
Last edited by xbow on Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Actually, if I remember correctly, twinkies have a life softness span of like 50 years due to all the sugar in them. Roaches need something to eat after the bomb after all.
Harriers for the cup.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

These are good.
They're a bit too straight for the game(unlike original items), but I don't think we can seriously complain. Nice work!

Flame
Our Host!