Creating New Weapon Sprites

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Creating New Weapon Sprites

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

:)
Last edited by Jimmyjay86 on Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quietfanatic
Respected
Respected

Post by quietfanatic »

Damn, I need photoshop to do anything. Oh well.

Thanks anyway!
Forgive my ignorance master.
DIE...die weak fool (cue Bozar death)
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

You can always buy an older copy of Photoshop for much cheaper on Ebay. Several people have done that.
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

RE

Post by PaladinHeart »

Do you think something like MGI Photosuit would work?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

If it supports raw and act files there's a good chance it will, but if not then no.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

RE

Post by PaladinHeart »

Hmm.. nope it doesn't support them. I might try GIMP, I heard its freeware.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

The last version of Gimp I looked at (back at the begining of the year) didn't support them either, so unless they've updated it then you'll need to try something else.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
gomimin
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by gomimin »

requiem is right...doesn't work....
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

RE

Post by PaladinHeart »

Oh well, I don't need to worry about custom sprites right now anyway.

M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

hi jj86 !

can use Spray Paint Version 1.0 instead of 1.1 ? can't find Spray Paint version 1.1. Can substitute PhotoShop with Microsoft Picture It ! Express ?

I downloaded Spray Paint Screen Saver version 1.0 can this be use ?

Gun
guismall-42x27
guibig-84x52
default-18x9

what's the dimension unit for the above ? cm , mm , inch or pxl ?

where can I download spray 1.1 ?
It's about *beep*in' time some backup got here! Quote by Paladin Solo. ( FOT )

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who do the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh, yeah? Ok.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload. ... ile_id=762
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

M92FS wrote: can use Spray Paint Version 1.0 instead of 1.1 ? can't find Spray Paint version 1.1. Can substitute PhotoShop with Microsoft Picture It ! Express ?
Give me your email and I will send you Spray 1.1. Unless MS Picture It can save RAW files then I don't think it will work. You will need Photoshop unfortunately.
Gun
guismall-42x27
guibig-84x52
default-18x9

what's the dimension unit for the above ? cm , mm , inch or pxl ?
Pixels!

¿Habla usted español?
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

hi jj86

here's my e-mail. thks a lot 4 your help.

berretam92fs@hotmail.com
It's about *beep*in' time some backup got here! Quote by Paladin Solo. ( FOT )

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who do the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh, yeah? Ok.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload. ... ile_id=762

kewl jj

Post by Guest »

Thanx JJ86 i'm sure I can put this to good use
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

For those wanting to create new sprites:
You need software that supports alpha channels. To my knowledge, Photoshop 5.0 or better. OTB got it through E-bay dead-cheap, try it, you might find more copies available.
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

access violation at address..........

Post by xbow »

I should call this post Weapon sprites for dummies (moi)

After following the x-e-lent instructions that JJ86 so kindly put up I was still dicking up something and getting this message:

"access violation at address 00435AB7 in module 'spray11.exe'. read of address 003FBE6C"

I figured that my malfunction was in the area of sprite header information. So rather than beat my head against the wall I decided to open a functioning sprite in Spray1.1. I chose the .223pistol that some cool hombre made from the .223pistol in Fallout 1 + 2 to study the header information.

I wondered what the result would be if I loaded one of my RAW files into the guibig slot , so I did just that, and the result was that it looked like hot manure then I loaded the ACT file associated with that RAW file and after dinking around a bit with the width and height POP there was my gun in the window. I did the same for The half size RAW file and repeated the process I saw no reason to change the default images set so I left that alone and saved the thing as AMSC50.spr and made a new entity to associate it with and i also did a similar butcher job on a Sub this time using te Mp5 as the base.

I tested both sprites in game and they amazingly work just fine, so in any case if anyone wants to see or use a dummies first efforts at making weapon sprites you can pick them up at.

http://www.geocities.com/tankermo2/gunz.zip

I cant say that I made these sprites since I simply replaced the images and color tables in already functional ones and renamed them but they work.

Thanks for the tutorial JJ86 at least I know how to make the raw files now but I think that I better study up on sprite header information.
Our Host!