Metal Heart gets a site!

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

I think it looks pretty cool - except the bar scene makes it look like it might suck. Eh. It reminds me of Crusader : No Remorse for some reason. And Fallout, of course, both the original and Tactics. This could be a good game, if they can get someone to give it some well written English dialouge, and if someone cleaned out the adolescent humor?
Ooe
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Metal Heart gets a site!

Post by Ooe »

<strong>[Game -> Update]</strong>

<html><body><P>A new post-apoc game from a russian developer team named <B>Metal Heart: Replicant Rampage</B> has just launched their new site along with screenshots, game info and features. Check it out at <!-- BBCode Start --><A HREF="http://www.metalheart.ru" TARGET="_blank">www.metalheart.ru</A><!-- BBCode End -->. Heres a few features:</P><blockquote><em>Metalheart: Replicants Rampage is a tactical role-playing game set in the devastated lanscapes of a strange planet lost among the stars. Lead your team to success using smart tactics, explore a huge isometric world, experience unique cybernetic body implants and tactical turn-based combat.
<br> The player controls a team of up to 6 members. A team can be formed during the journey from the following races: replicants, cyborgs, mutants and nomads. Each of the groups has special abilities, e.g. cyborgs are good in combat, mutants are healing experts, nomads are masters of camouflage.
<br> Allying with different groups changes the flow of the game: being hostile to nomads opens the way to getting friendly cyborgs or mutants to provide new quests. A lot also depends on the composition of the team; for instance, a pure cyborg team requires a different strategy than mutants or nomads.The usage of futuristic items and body implants influences the abilities of each character in an extraordinary way: roentgen eye extenders allow the character to look through obstacles,health converters initiate self healing of a character, teleport implants make a character jump from one place to another during combat. The variety is huge.
<br> Every character experiences a personal RPG-development during the game. On level up the player may increase some of the character values such as dexterity, strength, intelligence etc. The unique development of a character makes him specifically special in his skills.
<br></em></blockquote><P>Spotted this one in PC Gamer.</P></body></html>
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Looks great! :dance:
Zetura Dracos
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Zetura Dracos »

Looks like it has the potential to be great. The graphics are pretty good, most of the technical details in the game sound good, and the story sounds decent enough. The English translations are terrible at this point though, I was having a hard time deciphering the "story" section and the interface is too large as it is, with all six character portraits its going to take up almost a quarter of the screen.
The name is goofy too, makes me think of "Attack of the Clones" for some reason, especially since we arent yet clear on what a replicant is.
Also: SuperH, you refferenced adolescant humor. What exactly do you mean by this, I couldnt find what you were talking about on the site.
Grimnar
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Grimnar »

exactly my taste in RPG graphics ... and its turnbased.

Wonder what SSE:s reaction to this will be ( probably none since they cant seem grasp outside influence very well )
"We have OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone-scorpions" -Chucky Cuevas
Hertston
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Hertston »

Grimnar wrote:Wonder what SSE:s reaction to this will be
Total disinterest probably, unless they fancy playing it themselves.

Metalheart looks very promising but am I alone in wondering what the fuck "a strange planet lost among the stars" has to do with post-apoc role-playing ? Or do I just define "post-apoc role-playing" differently from everybody else ? Or does everybody else define "science fiction" differently from me ? :confused2:

It doesn't exactly look to be drowning in RPG elements either; more FO:T than FO. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing if the tactical combat is of Silent Storm quality. Totally different style of game to The Fall though.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

It's "set in the devastated lanscapes of a strange planet lost among the stars"

So far it seems to be more rpg than the fall. It has dialouge. It also has turn-based combat and doesn't look like shit.

Image>Image
taltiren
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by taltiren »

It looks like they tried to make another Fallout. Good for them, that means it might be good.
Tayl
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Tayl »

I thought this game was more about tactical combat than role-playing. Aren't there interviews somewhere saying that there was no character generation? If that is true, then...well, it's not a cRPG that I want to play. From what I had heard, if you want a combat-heavy game, then yes. This looks pretty good. And someone correct me if I am wrong here, but...I was under the impression that this game was a sort of futuristic Diablo...heavy on combat and light on the roleplaying elements. Not non-existant story or RPG elements, just not anything heavy or advanced. D2 had a lot of the features of this game: dozens of NPCs to talk to, a main story quest and then non-important side quests, but an emphasis on combat over story.

And I've never played a game that I really liked that had randomly generated missions. It just doesn't sound like a cRPG to me, which is fine if that is what you want.
Anthony
Regular
Regular

Post by Anthony »

Grimnar wrote:exactly my taste in RPG graphics ... and its turnbased.

Wonder what SSE:s reaction to this will be ( probably none since they cant seem grasp outside influence very well )
Yes, we all know how terrible they are about outside influence. I mean, they've only got ONE forum, an IRC channel that is visited by a designer, and Carsten's only made 917 posts.. they never acknowledge the community!

And just look at that outdated screenshot compared to the other one of a building... see how much RP is involved in that moving people to the building? How can you say that the siege of a building isn't chauked-full of RP compared to people sitting around a campfire?

And it's turn based, too! You can enjoy every fight, even the ones against mutts when you're packing a rocket launcher or some other insanely large weapon. Unlike The Fall, of course... hell, it's not like they're implementing an option or anything. No, nothing like that, no turn based/RT possibilities, no pause button.

Not sure why I'm arguing though, as what has to impress me the most about this is that we're comparing the RP and gaming prospects of two games that are declared RPGs of different types... AND AREN'T OUT YET.
It takes 42 muscles to frown, but only 4 to pull the trigger of a sniper rifle.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

How the fuck do you get anything done if you can't make a decision on it beforehand?
:chew:
Anthony
Regular
Regular

Post by Anthony »

Ahh, figured it out, I'll just link it.. hmm, maybe you're right. We already established I don't know about graphics, but I like this one
http://www.the-fall.com/gallery.php?pic=19

This might be a post when I get the image thing to do what I want it to.. until then...
:pelvic_thrust: :pelvic_thrust: :pelvic_thrust: :pelvic_thrust: :pelvic_thrust: :pelvic_thrust: :pelvic_thrust: :pelvic_thrust: :pelvic_thrust: :pelvic_thrust: :pelvic_thrust: :pelvic_thrust: :pelvic_thrust: :pelvic_thrust: :pelvic_thrust: :pelvic_thrust: :pelvic_thrust: :pelvic_thrust: :pelvic_thrust: :pelvic_thrust: :pelvic_thrust: :pelvic_thrust:
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

it looks pretty much like planet prison. I can't open pp's site - is the game dead?
Grimnar
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Grimnar »

People sitting around a campfire means the game is rich in RP elements?
I saw plenty of NPC:s sitting around campfires in FOT:BOS and all you got when clicking them was 1/5 randonly generated "floating" dialogs.

I just think the isometric view, coupled with lush 2d graphics works best with RPG:s that arent mmorpg:s. Beleive what you want but im not saying that games need good graphics to be good, just that ugly as hell 3d engines are a big nono with games that wants you to identify with one or more characters and develop them.
"We have OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone-scorpions" -Chucky Cuevas
Grimnar
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Grimnar »

And if you can read that last bit without breathing you get a free copy of The Fall.
Tayl
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Tayl »

Ok, fine. Let's put graphics aside for a second, since this could be chalked up to a matter of personal taste. Is this a true cRPG, or is this an action-RPG? Like I said before, everything I saw made me think action-RPG, but everyone else seems to think otherwise. What am I missing that you guys are seeing?
Anthony
Regular
Regular

Post by Anthony »

Grimnar wrote:People sitting around a campfire means the game is rich in RP elements?
I saw plenty of NPC:s sitting around campfires in FOT:BOS and all you got when clicking them was 1/5 randonly generated "floating" dialogs.
I didn't say it was lush, I was just using sarcastic remarks to bring into perspective that working off pictures, and as has been stressed by many of the people so far, "untrustworthy developers" and their statements that it's pretty damn hard to make assumptions towards how RP-rich either of these games will be.
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

It takes place in the future, when Earth is in the cyberpunk age, but the guy you are on gets on a post-apocalypse planet.

It's a crazy mix of two excellent sci-fi styles.
Grimnar
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Grimnar »

Anthony wrote:
Grimnar wrote:People sitting around a campfire means the game is rich in RP elements?
I didn't say it was lush, I was just using sarcastic remarks to bring into perspective that working off pictures, and as has been stressed by many of the people so far, "untrustworthy developers" and their statements that it's pretty damn hard to make assumptions towards how RP-rich either of these games will be.
Yes i know u were using sarcastic remarks, and from what i could tell you compared 2 pictures, one from Metalheart and one from the fall. And if i understood your extremely advanced and sophisticated sarcasm right, you assume that the fall is more RP than Metalheart ( it had people around a campfire after all, and Metalheart only shows ppl storming buildings ... it has to be action oriented )

I sincerely hope that Metalheart, apart from using a nice 2d engine, is also rich in RP elements. Now where is Bobbin anyway? Isnt he supposed to come in and tell us how the moderators of DAC has influenced my opinion on TF:s crappy 3d engine?
Anthony
Regular
Regular

Post by Anthony »

Oh no, that would be contradictory of myself, that was just an irony icing. My sarcasm is far from sophistocated, but I'm sure that statement was likewise sarcasm; my thoughts are just unclear and come out equally so, if not more. Although I don't know much about graphics, I supose you're right that they aren't terribly beautiful.. but they're starting to grow on me, and that's all that matters for me.
Our Host!