combat looks option and gore option question

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Stuge
SDF!
SDF!

combat looks option and gore option question

Post by Stuge »

For some reason I never noticed this option, well I wanted to know what it does exactly and neither my manual nor the one I downloaded states what 'combat looks' does, if someone doesnt mind telling me.

Another question, Id like to see all deaths in F2 but not always exagerated deaths, the manual hints that the devs consider the option above normal "normal", so Im not really sure whats normal, I just want to see all available deaths but not always exagerated if'ya know what I mean, thx ahead of time.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Make sure you don't choose the "Bloody Mess" trait at the beginning... If you've chosen it, there'll be no other than exaggerated deaths. Next you might consider dropping the violence level from the max setting a bit lower. But... Who cares, I always play with it on full? There ain't so many different death animations anyways, just add as much blood & gore as you can take.
Stuge
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Stuge »

lol Id never choose that trait, one of the most useless/boring possible.

Meh, I think the manual states it very clear, "On Maximum Blood, you will see the most violent, gruesome deaths possible. Normal shows most of the deaths, but doesnt show a couple of the really bloody ones... Notice that Maximum Blood is the default setting, and Normal is not. That should be a scary indicator of what the development team consideres normal"

Anyone know what 'combat looks' option does? :help:
Core Puzzle
Regular
Regular

Post by Core Puzzle »

Combat looks is pretty useful. It means that, when in combat, instead of clicking someone, you can just hover over an enemy, and you instantly get all his details, like hitpoints, weapon, ammo (if you don't have awareness, you'll just get the critter's wounded status), and you don't have to switch the cursor around as much in combat.

All in all, it simply saves you a few frustrating clicks.
Chuckie Chuckie 5 dollaz?
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Combat looks is a must for me. It saves time and clicking energy, and it's good to see enemy stats and weapons.

As far as gore, set it to max and then just play. This should unlock all death "types." Don't take the bloody mess trait, that just makes every death maximum gore.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

Bloody death kind of ruins the fun. I like knowing when I completely raped someone hard enough that his immediate relations felt it too.
Blizzard
Respected
Respected

Post by Blizzard »

...but then you can feel that you've raped someone hard enough that his immediate relations felt it too, all the time.
Schala...I've missed you so...NO!
You must not climb death peak
You wouldnt make it very far anyway..
It has to be the right time...
and THEY...
THEY have to show you...the way
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Blizzard, one needs variance. If there isnt a mix of violence and no violence, fighting and talking, it's not good. It's like watching a movie that is just about splashing blood all over everything and calling it a horror movie (see almost every horror movie made in America the last decade or so) as opposed to something glorious and beautiful like The Birds.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Blizzard
Respected
Respected

Post by Blizzard »

It was a lonnnng time before I discovered the gauss gun so im still having run with it, i've only played this game for like 5 months, opposed to some playin for 2 years or more, so im still figuring stuff out. just wait, next im gonna discover rocketlaunchers as fun!
Schala...I've missed you so...NO!
You must not climb death peak
You wouldnt make it very far anyway..
It has to be the right time...
and THEY...
THEY have to show you...the way
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

Max violence (or whatever the max setting is called) means that all gorry animations are included (a-la exploding like a blood sausage), normal the person just falls over and blood comes out, and at the lowest setting the person just falls over, no blood. (that's for the kiddie's).

I don't recommend the lowest setting, just because you can't tell if a person is dead or knocked out. (unless you're paying attention)
Hatchen
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Hatchen »

i choose the lowest setting for fun once in a while. hell you take out that rocket launcer, get a direct hit, take off more than all his hit points, and all he does is looked nocked out, same with them laser guns.

but is also can get boring after a bit, so i turn it right back up to maximum blood.
Our Host!