Game Glitches

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Game Glitches

Post by danferry »

I've come across this healing trick for when you are in battle. If you need massive healing, go into your inventory (costs 4 AP), and use all the stimpaks you want.
I support everyones right to make a fool of themselves.:chainsaw:

I just wish I didn't do it so often.
:yikes:
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

That's actually part of the game's design. Sure, it's exploitable, but if you have to rationalize it, think of it as reaching in to your back pack, grabbing a dozen stimpacks, and jabbing them all in your belly at one time.
------------------
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:That's actually part of the game's design. Sure, it's exploitable, but if you have to rationalize it, think of it as reaching in to your back pack, grabbing a dozen stimpacks, and jabbing them all in your belly at one time.
Yeah, but you can exploit this to more then just stimpaks.
You can go to into your inventory, grab the stimpaks, then reload all your weapons, remove them and equip others, light some flares and replace your armor.
And all of this for 4 AP.
Core Puzzle
Regular
Regular

Post by Core Puzzle »

I consider it a feature that helps balance the game if anything, not an exploitable glitch.

I hate doing it. I'd much rather reload my weapon and use a stimpack individually than use this "trick", because it just slows down the action. And besides, I don't really have that big a need to pump 10 stimpacks, switch armor or weapons, set timed explosives, light flares or eat cookies when i'm knee-deep in combat.
Chuckie Chuckie 5 dollaz?
Blizzard
Respected
Respected

Post by Blizzard »

what does a flare do?
Schala...I've missed you so...NO!
You must not climb death peak
You wouldnt make it very far anyway..
It has to be the right time...
and THEY...
THEY have to show you...the way
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

Core Puzzle wrote:Besides, I don't really have that big a need to pump 10 stimpacks, switch armor or weapons, set timed explosives, light flares or eat cookies when i'm knee-deep in combat.
That's not the issue.

from a gameplay prespective it's possible.
Because it's possible, you can't argue it makes sense.

Therfore, it's not a logical feature but a bug, or an exploit. It's not really a big deal though.
Core Puzzle
Regular
Regular

Post by Core Puzzle »

Blizzard wrote:what does a flare do?
It lights up. You light it, throw it, and there's light.
Dan wrote:That's not the issue.
True, that's just my view on this "exploit".

Though from my perspective, you're not exploiting anything by doing this. I'd compare it to shooting 1 bullet from a 10mm SMG for 5 APs, or shooting 10 bullets from the same 10mm SMG for 6 APs. Or 30 bullets from a minigun, whatever, i don't see either of them as exploits.

Asking a NPC for reward money numerous times, because the quest never gets done due to a bug, that's an exploit in my book.
Chuckie Chuckie 5 dollaz?
Blizzard
Respected
Respected

Post by Blizzard »

well why the hell would you need a light?
Schala...I've missed you so...NO!
You must not climb death peak
You wouldnt make it very far anyway..
It has to be the right time...
and THEY...
THEY have to show you...the way
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Because darkness affects your chance to hit, so during night time or underground combat, if you throw a flare at your enemy then switch to a firearm you should have a better chance at hitting them.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I like to use flares, but I dont think alot of people do.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Canis Lupus
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Canis Lupus »

No, I don't use flares because - *sounds foghorn* - I'm just too damn good already.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Blizzard wrote:what does a flare do?
Come, ye children and sitteth around and I shall tell you the a story:

Not really. just a hint as to how to make babies cry when you play fallout 2. Use Marcus.

The most glaring reason is this: I walk into the Den. Sure I've killed a dealer or two, but hey, who really cares about the jet-freaks anyways, eh? So yeah, I'm marching through town, dogmeat, cassidy, sulik, and marcus in tow when suddenly ::gasp:: combat begins! I stare at my computer thinking I accidentally clicked attack. I cancel combat. It doesnt work. I pass a turn It scrolls through everyone until good ol' Marcus is at the plate. Marcus, in all his genius and glory sprints off of the screen and I lose track of him. However, on his next turn, I hear a scream and read that marcus criticalled a child in the eyes... with a... flare.

The moral of the story? Hell if I know, but flares make a mighty fine weapon.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

Marcus has a penchant for flares. He starts with two in his inventory, and several times I've seen him choose to use one (to my horror) instead of the vindicator minigun I had bought him at great cost. And its usually a targeted shot at the groin.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Marcus is truly a vengeful spirit. I think he has some angst over his uh... lacking sex life.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
American Tourister
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by American Tourister »

CloudNineGT wrote:Marcus has a penchant for flares. He starts with two in his inventory, and several times I've seen him choose to use one (to my horror) instead of the vindicator minigun I had bought him at great cost. And its usually a targeted shot at the groin.
You're pretty brave to let Marcus have a vindicator minigun, or any burst weapon for that matter.

Used a flare in a cave one time, and it didn't seem to make any difference, so have used them only for trade since then.
"...Curtis Lowe was the finest picker to ever play the blues"
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Burning flare to the balls? Damn, that's one dandy revenge.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

If I can't reproduce, well then damnit, you won't either!

PS: How did this thread get derailed so fast? Here's a glitch. Once my car ran out of gas when I was in the "square" for San Fran, so I couldn't get to my car to refill it because when I click on the "Car out of gas" icon, it just goes into San Fran. How kubrik is that?
Hatchen
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Hatchen »

dunno, but using a flare i say makes you a rebel, you stand out of the crowd when you attack with them!!!!! but its kinda funny in a way how you can use them as a weapon.
Our Host!