411Mania goes down on Fallout Enforcer, swallows twice

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

411Mania goes down on Fallout Enforcer, swallows twice

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

<strong>[ -> Review]</strong>

In probably the funniest review on the 'net so far, <A href="http://www.411mania.com/">411Mania</a> has posted this <a href="http://www.411mania.com/games/reviews/a ... 2645">ball of swill review</a> for <b>Fallout Enforcer</b>, giving it heaps of love and a <b>7.5/10</b> rating. It's so funny, in fact, it starts off like this:
<br>
<br><blockquote>The game contains a lot of trademark Fallout features, from mature and funny dialogue, to send up's of 50?s sci-fi movies. It looks and feels like a Fallout game, but yet it's also obviously a Baldur's Gate game. And I think that's where the little bit of resentment to this game has come from. Fallout fans pissed because it plays different from the original Fallout, which is bloody stupid considering Fallout Tactics played differently from Fallout. And people who are Baldur's Gate: DA fans having a cow because their precious engine following 3rd edition D&D was stripped down for a Fallout game. Which again I feel is stupid. But hey, what else is the Internet for except a place for people with marginal spelling ability and ever worse grammar to post diatribes on games that aren't exactly like they were in their own personal masturbatory fantasies? </blockquote>
<br>
<br>I'm guessing he wants the attention his mother never game him, because he included his <A href="mailto:alexanderlucard@usa.net?subject=Review:%20Fallout:%20Brotherhood%20Of%20Steel%20(XB)">email address</a> at the top of the page.
<br>
<br>There's a bit of irony that he's ragging on anyone's spelling and grammar ability in this paragraph. Just how many sentences in one paragraph can start with a conjunction? Also, it's <i>ups</i>, not <i>up's</i>, because it's a <i>plural</i> rather than a contraction or a noun in the possessive. I could go on and on, but the point is that if you want to spank around other people for their artful use of the English language, it's probably a good idea to make sure you just simply haven't <b>fucked yours up</b> in the same body of work.
<br>
<br>Spotted this at <A href="http:///www.nma-fallout.com">NMA</a>.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

and ever worse.... wow... i don't think i can stomach reading the full review.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Core Puzzle
Regular
Regular

Post by Core Puzzle »

I was trying to quote the funniest bits, to no avail, it's all humerous in it's own demented way. A 10/10 rating for the sound, and his somewhat contradictive look at replayability are real beauties.

If there was ever a use for the dual-wielding blowjob smiley, this is it :chew:
Chuckie Chuckie 5 dollaz?
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Killzig wrote:and ever worse.... wow... i don't think i can stomach reading the full review.
Yeah, that whole damned review reads like it was written by an English as a Second Language student. Hell, I only had two semisters of English courses after high school due to the science focused major, and even I can write better than that. It's pretty pathetic he accuses Fallout fans of not being able to write well in English, when he can't seem to muster up enough knowledge of the language to even write that sentence about our grammer and spelling without two fairly big errors. After all, this is a review, something more formal than a typical forum post with all the time in the world to proof read it.
------------------
Narkoleptik
SDF!
SDF!

Re: 411Mania goes down on Fallout Enforcer, swallows twice

Post by Narkoleptik »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:But hey, what else is the Internet for except a place for people with marginal spelling ability and ever worse grammar to post diatribes on games that aren't exactly like they were in their own personal masturbatory fantasies?
I think he's referring to the kids here...
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Narkoleptik wrote:
Saint_Proverbius wrote:But hey, what else is the Internet for except a place for people with marginal spelling ability and ever worse grammar to post diatribes on games that aren't exactly like they were in their own personal masturbatory fantasies?
Very clever. Did you write that review?
evilmonkey
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by evilmonkey »

SuperH wrote:
Narkoleptik wrote:
Very clever. Did you write that review?
we should give him a big shiny golden 5 points star with extra topping.
Black is the Colour that Shines on my Path
Black is the Colour of Freedom
Guest1942

SPAMMING TIME!

Post by Guest1942 »

Foolish reviewer! Leaving an email-adress! Now its SPAM time! Hope Hotmail wont mind!

"SPAM,SPAM,SPAM! LOVELY SPAM!!! WONDERFUL SPAAAM!!!"
DJ Slamák
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by DJ Slamák »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:Yeah, that whole damned review reads like it was written by an English as a Second Language student.
I am offended. :P
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Narkoleptik wrote:
hi abnatha why the new nick? we don't mind.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
abnathapryde
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by abnathapryde »

Last edited by abnathapryde on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
chrisbeddoes
Respected
Respected

Post by chrisbeddoes »

Fallout is a cult game. BG:DA is a cult game. You’d think combining the two would almost make it mainstream popular. But in fact a lot of people seem to be bitching about this game. Why I covered and dismissed above. But when the game has alienated a portion of its fan base of the bat, it’s not a good sign. Still, SNK fans bitch every time a new KoF game comes out and they still buy it and praise it after it is in their grubby little hands. So I’m sure the same will happen here.

Yea . Lets start praising . Oh wait . :chainsaw:
SeanDMan
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by SeanDMan »

411 is my home page and I generally like Alex, and some of his reveiws have been spot on in the past...

But he blew it this time.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

abnathapryde wrote:Actually that's my co-worker, we are on a router so the IP comes up the same
yeah, it always does, doesn't it?
Narkoleptik
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Narkoleptik »

Gimp Mask wrote: yeah, it always does, doesn't it?
Is it that hard to believe there is a different persona behind this nickname?
abnathapryde
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by abnathapryde »

Last edited by abnathapryde on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Gaijin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The Gaijin »

You'd be wasting time trying to take stabs at us under any name, since your arguments suck and your only real tactic is ignoring any point you can't bullshit your way out of.
abnathapryde
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by abnathapryde »

Last edited by abnathapryde on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

SeanDMan wrote:411 is my home page and I generally like Alex, and some of his reveiws have been spot on in the past...

But he blew it this time.
You know, Sean, the funniest thing in the whole review, the part I laughed the most at, would have to be, <i>BG: DA is a cult game</i>. It doesn't get much more mass market than BG: DA.
------------------
The Gaijin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The Gaijin »

abnathapryde wrote:Did that make you feel good, I bet you feel like a big man now, good job, good job....

....Soooo if you guys came over to Interplay forums and ask me to come back here what the hell do you want anyway...
I didn't go to the IPLY forums and ask anything, and I'm pretty sure most of us didn't...regardless, I want to know how Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel compares to other action titles released on this generation of systems...I'm not even going to say RECENT, merely any fairly well known title to come out on PC or X-BOX, that happens to be an action game.
Our Host!