Multiplayer problem

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
eyemaster7
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b
Location: Behind you. Lightly touching your butt with my love tentacle

Multiplayer problem

Post by eyemaster7 »

Everytime i try to join a match in gamespy the game freezes. :evil: There is a black screen with a grey bar on the lower corner of the screen. I can move my mouse coursor but i cannot exit to windows. :?:
There isn't any problem when i host a game, but nobody appears. Even when there is people who has pressed the ready key in the launch menu. Any idea of whats going on? Any hints welcome. TIA.

System: Windows 98, 384 MB, Gforce2 Mx400, asus 750 mhz. Game version is 1.27
"Opinions are like assh@les - everyone's got 'em and they all stink" old saying atributed to the Chosen One.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Somebody was having a similar problem over at the Interplay forums http://forums.interplay.com/viewtopic.p ... 3&start=15.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
eyemaster7
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b
Location: Behind you. Lightly touching your butt with my love tentacle

Post by eyemaster7 »

Thanks for the hint but when the "solution" requires the format of my HD :shock: and I dont think its going to work because i can play the game and host a game, but the problem is the conection with other computers. That post mention something about firewall and in fact i use adsl, which has problably a router. I can play many multiplayers games like Enemy Territory, AVP2 and UT2003 without any problem, even with punkbuster, but maybe FOT requires a special port or something like that.

Did you heard something about special requirements for multiplayer gaming? Anyway any hint will be welcome. :?
"Opinions are like assh@les - everyone's got 'em and they all stink" old saying atributed to the Chosen One.
Our Host!