interplay is optimistic??

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

The "board comment" mentions that not everyone was layed off. So well, it wouldn't be a lie saying that BIS wasn't dismantled even if it's soul was gone. What's disturbing (and moreso makes me queezy) is that the statment supposedly officially states that FO3 WOULD be coming out when again, officially, it's not even indevelopment.

So I wonder where NMA got those pics though.
First Force
Wanderer
Wanderer

interplay is optimistic??

Post by First Force »

<strong>[Company -> Update]</strong>

<html><body><P>I saw this on <A HREF=http://evilavatar.com target=_blank>Evil Avatar</A>'s site:</P><blockquote><em>
<br>Which brings us up to our new guest star, Interplay's investor relations department, with their official denial of the stories. "For the record," says Interplay, "Black Isle Studios remains open with projects pending, the status of Fallout 3 is under review, and Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel will ship on January 13."
<br>
<br>As far as this "under review" status for Fallout 3, Interplay had this to say: "Fallout lives...now that is not to say we have a new Fallout PC game coming in the next few months, but management will do what it can to maximize the intellectual property it owns and the fan base it has, within the financial parameters it must operate."</em></blockquote><P>here is the link to ign <!-- BBCode Start --><A HREF="http://pc.ign.com/articles/446/446776p1.html?fromint=1" TARGET="_blank">http://pc.ign.com/articles/446/446776p1 ... =1</A><!-- BBCode End --></P></body></html>
Dan_Wood
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Horseshit, pure and simple

Post by Dan_Wood »

They're not going to rehire every swinging dick they just sent on their merry way just to finish Fallout 3. That'd be insane and expensive. If they make Fallout 3, it'll be the tired losers who finished FOPOS2.
Dan Wood

Nothing like a slow-moving localized apocalypse to really make you think about proper data backup procedures.
PerroViejo
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by PerroViejo »

During this whole debacle, one thought keeps sneaking up from the dark corners of my subconcius. Struggling to be uttered, to become a concious idea, a desire waiting to be realized. I awaken, barely in control hoping that I can contain this urge. Then finally reality is kind enough to settle the matter for me. My logical mind reminds me with somber pragmatism:

"Dude, there just aren't enough bullets in the World"

I guess its the blade for them then, the dirty whores.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

fallout Bos isn't a BIS project??? unless they scrapped digital mayhem and are going to publish it with a BIS sticker on it ... ?
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Legshot
SDF!
SDF!

Re: Horseshit, pure and simple

Post by Legshot »

Dan_Wood wrote:If they make Fallout 3, it'll be the tired losers who finished FOPOS2.
Hm.. that sounds bad, I'd rather not have fo3 at all then
:evil:
Sarge
Perpetual SDF

Post by Sarge »

Gee, thanks for clearing that up for us, Ineptplay. :roll:
I like infinity engines games!! I drool on myself constantly!!
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

PerroViejo wrote:(snip)
Interesting...someone nearly as bloodthirsty as myself and so well put. I approve. :)
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I do too.

The Blade!
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Wesley Snipes pwns.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Not Blade the black guy, the Blade as in the sword!
Super6 the LZ is hot
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Super6 the LZ is hot »

ok im sick of this bull i bet my fucking life on this. Interplay just scraped cuz they no its worth alot then sell the title off to the highest bitter in order to get out of the fucking hole they dug for them selfs there not that dumb.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

I can see you learned a valuable lesson... That is, don't bet your life on Interplay's success.
First Force
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by First Force »

its like a drug junky selling anything thats valueble just for the quick cash.
how the mighty have fallen......
You are losing it, doesn`t matter, let`s close our eyes and wake up from this dream.....
-------------------------------
Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity.
-------------------------------
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

ok im sick of this bull i bet my fucking life on this. Inertplay just scraped cuz they no its worth alot then sell the title off to the highest bitter in order to get out of the fucking hole they dug for them selfs there not that dumb.
Thanks for the insight, budding young corporate sector expert! We never would have surmised that without your assistance!
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Sarge
Perpetual SDF

Post by Sarge »

Quick! Snap up every possible share of Interplay stock you can!
Spend upwards of tens of dallars on it!
It can only go up in value from here.'
Or not. :lol:
I like infinity engines games!! I drool on myself constantly!!
Red

Post by Red »

I spoke with two people in the gaming industry (not linked to BIS) - IRL, who'd'a'thunk - and basically the word running is that BIS was dismanteled entirely (although they kept all the trademarks and brand names since the shell is still worth quite a bit - and allows them to say crap like "BIS is still kicking" since legally the name still exists).

Basically the whole plan for BIS since Vivendi's purchase was grab the licenses, make a as many AAA titles quickly (eg: BG:DA2, BOS and pissibly BOS2), then expunge it taking any possible quick profits off from it.

Right now I'm guessing even Chuck saw into this and that's why he left - course people will claim it's the fans which scared him...
Our Host!