Poll about FO:POS here.Gonna buy it ? Go and vote.

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
chrisbeddoes
Respected
Respected

Poll about FO:POS here.Gonna buy it ? Go and vote.

Post by chrisbeddoes »

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sh ... did=321754

P.S People confuse it with Fallout 3 or the tacktical squad game.
. I think that they need a little education.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Everyone there seems to think it's an FPS or Fallout Tactics.
chrisbeddoes
Respected
Respected

Post by chrisbeddoes »

Yes . I would gladly pay 50$ to see this game dissapear for ever.

Die FO:POS die.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

It's a stupid argument. Don't support FOBOS? Then surely Fallout 3 will die, at least in the words of BIS. But most hardcore fans would be willing to do that, I think. Support FOBOS? Then it does well, creates demand for T&A and Mister T in Fallout 3. Either way, you screw the pooch - you can choose between FOBOS and no Fallout 3, or FOBOS and FOBOS 2.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
The Gaijin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The Gaijin »

It just follows the trend of games these days--stupidity is the biggest market available, and everyone's trying to sell to it. Thus, you mangle an existing storyline, you throw in some cheap fanservice, add some big over-the-top black guy to make everyone go "HAR HAR DARKIES DON'T KNOW NUTHIN" and you've got a hit. And if it doesn't sell, then it can be assumed that it's because FALLOUT doesn't sell, rather than all the RADICALLY AWESOME changes they've made.
HEY WHERE THE WHITE WOMEN AT???
Alphawulf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Alphawulf »

Hey stupid games are the future! Big Mutha Truckers was the genius of it's genre when it came out. I mean the name sounds like big mother fuckers, plus the retail box suggests incest between redneck truckers and their hot blonde idiot cousins named Susie Sue. What idiot wouldn't buy that?

I'm not buying FOBoS, just because I don't think I would enjoy its crappy graphics and non RPG elements.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

It's strange. The computer game business is booming, richer and better than ever before, but no one bothers to make any new genres of games. We've got Half-Life 2, for example, with a bigger and badder physics engine that's revolutionary, but story and theme wise, it's pretty much just more of the same. Devs: try to innovate and make a new game genre. The Sims is a great example of this; it was fresh and original, and one of the all-time best sellers because it appealed to so many people.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

hey move this to fobos forum so i can edit these people's posts
bey.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I'm gonna buy FO:BOS...I rather enjoyed BG:DA..I can deal with it not being "Fallouty" as long as it's a fun game....Don't think of it as a bastardized Fallout title..Think of it as a Baulders Gate clone...
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

atoga wrote:Devs: try to innovate and make a new game genre. The Sims is a great example of this; it was fresh and original, and one of the all-time best sellers because it appealed to so many people.
Devs don't like innovating too much because their afraid if they do something completely out there, that no one will buy it and they'll end up poor. Why do something thats risky instead of something that is garunteed to atleast break even?
Harriers for the cup.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

MDK was a risk...And it was an awesome game..It was nothing like anything else...Then again, the company wasn't going to become poor because they had Earth Worm Jim to fall back on, and all those sports titles Shiny decided to throw out...But MDK definately went against the grain..It was innovative, and I've seen a few recent games taking up that sort of style...I'm happy with it.

But FO:BOS has no innovation, and nothing really to make me want to play it.

I will rent it to at least give it a chance.
Shot Bean
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Shot Bean »

No way in hell am i going to buy this game. Will rent it and then after knowing 1st hand just how bad it is i'm going to go on a rampage and kill everyone who worked on it.
Im Not Thick, I'm Just Lazy
Thanks to ThE ViRuS for the sig
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Devs don't like innovating too much because their afraid if they do something completely out there, that no one will buy it and they'll end up poor. Why do something thats risky instead of something that is garunteed to atleast break even?
In a nutshell, you've just summed up one of the reasons why modern capitalism sucks.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

I don't think it's the devs that don't want to innovate, it's mostly the publishers who don't want "change"

same applies for almost every fucking pop record label
bey.
Our Host!