Mysterious third character possibly found.

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Mysterious third character possibly found.

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Not sure if anyone said this before, but I believe I have resonable evidence to conclude who the third "Secret" character is. If you think the Brotherhood was real messed up before just wait till you hear this. It's a Ghoul. I'm guessing he's gonna be uber stealthy and good with knives, but thats just from what the <a href="http://ftp.interplay.com/pub/movies/fbos-trailer.mpg"> Promo Video</A> shows.

Reasons why I believe this so?

In the beginning of the video when the narrator says "Then the brotherhood came" we can clearly see the two already known hero's, the blonde girl and the black guy, and to the right of them ((although barely seen)) is a ghoul. Alright, so that could just be coincidence.

In one instance ((after alot of people shooting)) you can see a distorted image of what clearly appears to be a ghoul sneaking up behind a normal guy with a knife in his hand.

The most convincing bit in the video is probably right after the "desperate times call for desperate measures" bit theres a small clip of a ghoul with a knife fighting two guys ((They look like stereotypical bikers....or nazis)).

Also on the characters section of the website, doesn't that sillehoute look allitle.....lanky to anyone?

If someone tells me how, I can try to get screens of this up, but for some odd reason, print screen doesn't work with the video.
Harriers for the cup.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

OMG STEALTH GHOUL with stabbing radiation action! Zing! How do you like that one Chucky!
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Old news, yo.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Feel free to delete then Moderator man.
Harriers for the cup.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

iohkus is not my mastar.
Last edited by Strap on Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

I could nuke it if I wanted to, but just because it's old news doesn't mean it couldn't blossom into a discussion about ghouls in FOBOS or something.

RPG Codex
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Well then, does anyone wonder how its even possible this guy even became a BOS initiate?
Harriers for the cup.
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

Perhaps because they ran out of hookers?
He who keeps the old akindled and adds new knowledge is fit to be a teacher.
chrisbeddoes
Respected
Respected

Post by chrisbeddoes »

But it gotz daz powah spetzial . Da roxories Ghouliez a da Bordellohoud spetiaz goodz memberz.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Well, according to chukie's latest interview, there's apparently a quest where you have to run around town collecting a Ghouls fallen off body parts so he can stick himself back together.

I MEAN IT'S NOT LIKE A GHOUL WOULD BE DEAD IF HIS BITS FELL OFF OF HIM NOW WOULD IT!?

Must be those special powers.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

Well all ghouls are secretly wizards who came through a portal from the Faerie lands, right?

RPG Codex
DJ Slamák
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by DJ Slamák »

DarkUnderlord wrote:I MEAN IT'S NOT LIKE A GHOUL WOULD BE DEAD IF HIS BITS FELL OFF OF HIM NOW WOULD IT!?
Well, I could understand if they were just limbs... what I can't understand is how those limbs can still be worth the hassle - I don't suppose the ghoul will just have them duct taped onto himself and O WOW ITS WORKIGN AGAIN THX SYRUS.
Icabod
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Icabod »

You know the black haired dominatrix ladys face looks almost the same as the 'ghoul'. Maybe the effect is caused by those crazy saucer eyes.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

It could be that spending so much time in the post nuclear wasteland sun makes the skin very leathery and their eyes dialate at a differant time? I mean it <I>only</I> makes sense that she's outside in the thong all the time, right?
Harriers for the cup.
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

I wonder if i'm the only one who thought of an old balding mechanic in a ninja suit when I read the description of 'teh bos goul ninjar kiler knive wft'.
Icabod
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Icabod »

That's what I pictured when my PC put a leather jacket on Vinnie. At this point I pumped him up with jet so I could have an excuse to shoot him later.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Speakin of which, our green friend can be seen directly in this months Game Informer. He is indeed a ghoul named Cain. Although they oddly didn't say what he was good at, they just said "A brain exposed monstrosity." Additionally, it has been revealed that "As Easter Eggs or rewards for certain behaviors, three extra characters can be unlocked during play and upgraded in the same way as the original set." 5$ says one is our friend <a href="http://www.duckandcover.net/fobos/animepipboy.jpg">"the pipboy"</a> ((Even though technically, he isn't the pipboy.)) Interestingly enough the article even goes on with some semi-interesting tid-bits.
game informer wrote: Fallout's plot is that the remnants of humanity have been camping in bunkers for the last 80 years or so, and now their equipment is failing. You want to join the Brother of Steel and save the day by blowing up lots of stuff
I hate you chuck.
game informer wrote:What remains to be seen is how the hardcore Fallout fan base will react to their precious digital universe being 'sullied' by more action-based title.

My suggestion, look around fella's. Ofcourse, I hate all the editors at game informer, so maybe its best they don't, especially since it almost sounds like they are including sarcasm when talking about our "precious digital universe".
game informer wrote: The developers have stated that they followed the Fallout Bible for this game, but want it to be a differance experience for a differant group of gamers.

Theres just so much wrong with this I do not feel like commenting. Although I must say, Reagan stated as to never having any idea about Iran Contra, but we know thats a lie. Just because someone states that they did something, doesn't mean they did, common sense tells us otherwise.
Harriers for the cup.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

dude, there's no such thing as FOBOS, it's in your head, it's like a collective dellusion, it doesn't exist, it only exists because were all fallout fans and there's some weird frequency we share in our brain waves, FOBOS is not real, don't worry about it, go outside, get a catheter, get chlamidyia, anything but looking up FOBOS articles, it'll just make u mad, then you'll want to kill people, then you'll buy hand grenades and throw them into swimming pools full of kids, or playgrounds, and that in turn will give the fallout game a bad rap, uknow?
bey.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

iohkus wrote: then you'll buy hand grenades and throw them into swimming pools full of kids, or playgrounds
....but what if I did that before I found out about the imaginary game/mind control project?
Harriers for the cup.
Foldy
Regular
Regular

Post by Foldy »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Speakin of which, our green friend can be seen directly in this months Game Informer. He is indeed a ghoul named Cain. Although they oddly didn't say what he was good at, they just said "A brain exposed monstrosity."
The gamespot preview says he's a slow moving guy, who can't take much damage (despite Chuck's claiming in an interview that they're fairly resiliant). He has radiation resistances, you see, thereby NOT making him useless. I said not!
Our Host!