combat in a turn based mmorpg environment.

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
taltiren
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

combat in a turn based mmorpg environment.

Post by taltiren »

i think that turn based combat would be a possibility in an mmorpg. You would only enter combat mode if attacked or if you attacked someone or something, so that while others can be fighting, you will not have to wait for them. also, players will have a time limit to complete their actions. say, 20 seconds. this way combat will not take forever. i think that a fallout mmorpg wold be one of the best things ever, but only if the world was constantly changing with the players' actions and if the quests were real and important. maybe each starting char could have the option of having a big goal to start out with (water chip or geck are examples). it would tke alot to make this doable, but i think it would be well worth it.
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

You wouldn't happen to be a space cadet of the monkey variety would you?
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Re: combat in a turn based mmorpg environment.

Post by Ghetto Goose »

taltiren wrote: it would tke alot to make this doable
Yes. Too much.
but i think it would be well worth it.
Incorrect. You smell.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

loser wrote: i think that a fallout mmorpg wold be one of the best things ever,
Kind sir, saying things like that will lead to endless speculation about the number of your teeth and the shape of your family tree.

Think before you talk, son.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

That wouldn't work, it's like a couple of guys go into combat for 20 seconds, meanwhile the rest of the people around have a couple minutes to do whatever they want. Like go buy a gun, load it up, and get ready to shoot anyone coming out of that battle.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Turns in multiplayer sucks unles it's LAN thing such as HOMM3/Civilisation 2 party, where you can sabotage friend's monitor, or...

But, onto the subject: Turns - NO. Fallout MMORPG - I can't see so many reasons why not. Yeah, go on and kill me, like I care! :P You will start babbling about that Fallout is about storyline, etc. Well, this one wouldn't be. You are in North America, ta-dah, there are also few thousand people besides you, now do what you want, tra-la-la. Suits me.
Serious Business.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Read all the threads in this here FOOL forum, twit.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Koki gives a bad name to Poland.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Dedthom
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Dedthom »

You know I came to this forum to find some intelligent discourse on Fallout MMORPG as well as other things related to Fallout . But, you people are so fucked up and such bastards I dont think it would be worth my time.
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

There's no such thing as intelligent and positive discourse on a Fallout MMORPG.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Oh, dear god. I, Xotor, and quite possibly OSRP already debunked this load of pure, unadulterated mental retardation back at the archived section of NMA forums (about 2-3 years ago, no less). I see someone just couldn't resist publicly stating the following:

"I, taltiren, possess absolutely no fucking clue about game design."

Before you reply, taltiren, say that a few dozen times to let it sink in.
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

::cough::gravedigger::cough::

Heh...Just kidding.

Why is this forum here, anyway? Haven't we established that FOOL is a stupid, shitty idea? Or is this just an open forum for flaming people who think it's a good idea?
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

It's like an electric bug zapper.

Instead of bugs, you have morons to zap.

:)
Obsidian:

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

The way I see it, if they're too busy being retards in this forum, they (hopefully) won't be posting bullshit in the Fallout forums.

Nice to see you back, Rosh.
fuck
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Hey! It's Rosh! Have you returned to drive off the hoards of noobs who currently plague the forums?
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Pretty much, yes. What really astounds me is this:

In taltiren's profile, they have "Rochester Institute of Technology" as the location.

I have to presume that it is not in any educational capacity relating to game design or anything nearing technology, as I'd automatically flunk anyone who displayed such poor design concepts as they have. In fact, someone who is working in a technical field that has absolutely no idea of what they are talking about results in dead people as they don't pay attention to details or may instead fuck up somewhere in presuming to know what the hell they are monkeying around with.

I suspect it may instead be employment as the janitor, or may be more along the lines of a business major or liberal farts.
Obsidian:

Our Host!