Can you lie to Decker and fool him?

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Grifman
SDF!
SDF!

Can you lie to Decker and fool him?

Post by Grifman »

In the Hub, Decker, the crime overlord will give you a couple of assassination missions. My question, if you have high enough speech, chaisma, can you fool him into believing that you killed Hightower or the CoC priestess? Never heard anyone say they've done this, but I'm curious if this is possible. Anyone?

Grifman
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

nah, he has his "sources" and you can't really fool him.
you can get the job, agree to do it, and then immediately go to the police and rat him out. followed by a fight with him and his cronies. (if you kill him and kane only you can end combat and the rest get taken to the police station)
Grifman
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Grifman »

Thanks for the answer. Too bad you can't do this - seems like it would have been perfect for a non-combat type. I could see getting away with persuading him, but he'd eventually figure it out, then send someone after you :)

Grifman
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

That would have been cool, yes. *scribbles notes for own kickass RPG*

However, you can rat him out and then not help to kill him. You get a pretty penny at no real risk.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

yea, you have to remember when going through the game as a charismatic PC that you can't do everything your combat PC can, some things don't have a talking way out... so you just have to avoid them really.
but then there are other things that a dumb combat brute can't do either!
Nightkin244
Respected
Respected

Post by Nightkin244 »

i find when you first get there/during the first part of when your at the hub you character is not strong enough/doesn't have good enough guns to take down decker cause the police aren't too helpful, the best thing to do is to get some stuff done, sell guns to Jacob and take down decker with SR or a SG
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

Or just get hopped up on a phsycho or two, and maybe even a couple of mentats and pound his ass into the ground.
Our Host!