FO:T advice, please!

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Fn0rd
SDF!
SDF!

FO:T advice, please!

Post by Fn0rd »

Just got FO:T. I'm going to create a new character. As always, though, I'd like to know what kinds of possibilities exist to improve my stats, so I don't waste points. Somebody give me the low down!
"Lebowski? Nobody calls me Lebowski, Lebowski! You're Lebowski. I'm... the Dude. So that's what you call me. Or, you know, uh... Duder, His Dudeness... El Duderino, if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Last edited by Megatron on Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

If you paid more then a dollar for the game, you got screwed.
fuck
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

go combat only. thats all you do.

your charisma is pointless for anything other than barter, and that doesnt matter anyway because by the time your done with the mutants you will have accumulated over 50 "saw" machine guns that go for a hevfty price each.

get kamikazi, gifted/fastshot. screw charisma, dont skimp on intelligence, it nets you more skillpoints to throw into weapons skills.

screw pilot skill/outdoorsmen (if that is even in tactics?) because you can drive the cars just fine with no skill at all, and if you have one it makes your outdoorsmen obsolete: "do you want to encounter ----?" no.

dont bother with barter... or even traps, you can always shoot traps and blow them up.
forget sneaking, as it is pointless later on. power armor handicaps it so severely that it is worthless, plus the "run in gunz-a-blazin'" tactic is superior and much faster in this game.
energy weapons are good, but only later on.
big guns are the king throughout the game (though they are very heavy w/ammo...ie.browningM2)
small guns are ok, the best is gauss rifle but you can only sustain about 2 later on due to ammo shortage, so plan acordingly.
melee is worthless, as is unarmed. (unless someone can prove me wrong)
high agility is not necessarily required unless you are going for TB mode. which is a headache because every level becomes a 4 hour battle...
perception and intelligence should be pretty high... unless you want someone to be good with burst weapons, and in that case hold back on the perception. (for some reason this helps when doing burst fire)
endurance is important because it gives you more HP. keep this high.

etc... but because you can only make your main charactor most of this stuff is pointless when applied to your other squad members, because they all come premade.

it is generally better to keep your first guys throughout the game and have them develope into what you really want than to keep switching out for new recruits.

theres my 2 cents.
(game is really long and repeditive and the ending is dissapointing because it doesnt talk about the places you "save" durring missions)
Ripper
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Ripper »

Megatron wrote:I am not myself today!!! lewl
dont dumb down tactics till u at least play it once.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Ripper wrote:
Megatron wrote:me and johnPnP have the same taste in girls!
dont dumb down tactics till u at least play it once.
dont praise tactics till u commit suicide j/k m8 :wink: :wink: :twistid: el oh el zors

nevermind kill yourself anyway
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Ok, guys this isn't the Wasteland. Behave or be my slave. I'll make you say some purty things here otherwise.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

^Way to go man! Heh, heh! :)
If you guys want to share an opinion fine. But don't force it to others. Let them form their own judgement. That said, you should collect opinions on a game as old as FoT before you actually buy it. I loved it for the record, with all its shortcomings. Plus it has some kick ass editors if you're dedicated enough.

Cheers,

Flamescreen
Our Host!