Best Death Sequence

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Mohrg6sic6 wrote:I love the Lt. death scene, but I also like crits with the Plasma Rifle and when they get completely cut in half buy a Plasma Chain...
I think you've gotton your laser mixed up with your plasma. The laser slices people in half (*makes slicing motion with his hand*)

The plasma melts the person into gooey lumps. Infact, I could give you a decent explination on why those two occur :lol:

As for favourite death scene, it'd have to be the dance to lead one, which alot of people are so fond of. The fact that I always have trouble pulling it off seems to make it even better.

Other then that one, I like the one with the pulse weapons from Fo2, where their bones go charcol and they turn to dust....although it scatters their inventory.
Mohrg6sic6
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mohrg6sic6 »

Are you sure, Stain? Last time I played I only used the Gatling Laser and the Plasma Rifle and I cut someone in half...*shrugs*

Mohrg :evil:
Last edited by Mohrg6sic6 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

It's a laser gatling gun, I believe. The plasma is it's own thing, and that melts them. The regular laser gun cuts them in half, so I would suppose that the gatling one should as well.
Bloodgeon11
Vault Scion
Vault Scion
Location: this great country of bombing the crap out of others

Post by Bloodgeon11 »

Well, my favorite death is in a cut scene, so it might not count....
when you agree to be dipped, and the mutants run through the vault and take down the overseer....
Oh, sweet justice...
except for the vault dweller being a dumb mutant.
Well, nothing's perfect!
"Science fiction wiggers" is my new favorite phrase.

"You'd better be prepared for the jump into hyperspace. It's unpleasantly like being drunk."
-"What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"
"Ask a glass of water."
-Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

I still wanna know why a couple hoary super mutants can kill the overseer but me, the vault dweller, with the capability to singlehandedly kill an entire military base full of supermutants, cannot. Damn you metagame logic.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

a dumb mutant yes, but a sexually capible one at that!
Mohrg6sic6
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mohrg6sic6 »

Opps, yeah I'm an idoit, I meant the Gatling Laser.... :shock:

Mohrg :evil:
goblinpiledriver
SDF!
SDF!

Post by goblinpiledriver »

SuperH wrote:I still wanna know why a couple hoary super mutants can kill the overseer but me, the vault dweller, with the capability to singlehandedly kill an entire military base full of supermutants, cannot. Damn you metagame logic.
you can kill him, he has my favorite death. you just press and hold A when you are leaving the conversation at the end of the game, and then just kill him
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

The Gatling Laser sucks as a weapon. The Vindicator will do about 10 times as much damage, and more consistantly also. And the ammo is cheaper :)

As for the animations, I like the one where the torso becomes violently removed from the body, because if you listen carefully, you can hear the guy screaming faintly as the air escapes from his lungs.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Isn't gatling's ammo cheaper than vindie's? It seems I suck with the price part, but I still remember that the "gauss ammo" was the most expensive stuff in the game.

I could be wrong though.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Why don't you cross index the ammo type, size, price, weight, volume, color, commonness, damage, temperature in degrees farenheit, armor penetration, milliliters, etc. per square hectare for us Kash? It would be really useful for the community. Put it in a spreadsheet so it can easily be sorted and stuff too. k thx
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Sarcastic tone noted and shame plug-in installed.
I'll stop fucking commas.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

atoga wrote:Why don't you cross index the ammo type, size, price, weight, volume, color, commonness, damage, temperature in degrees farenheit, armor penetration, milliliters, etc. per square hectare for us Kash? It would be really useful for the community. Put it in a spreadsheet so it can easily be sorted and stuff too. k thx
hell, I reackon we could convince Kreegs to stick up for DL's too :lol:
Ooe
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Ooe »

I like the way deathclaws are cut in half or when they show their ribs. Hehehe, its fun to see em dead after all the damage they did to me....
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Kashluk wrote:Isn't gatling's ammo cheaper than vindie's? It seems I suck with the price part, but I still remember that the "gauss ammo" was the most expensive stuff in the game.

I could be wrong though.
Vindicator uses caseless rounds, not gauss.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Damn, that's right... Too much FOT for me.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Vindicator didn't use guass in Fo:T either.....
Pialojo
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b
Location: Perth, Western Australia - the most isolated capital city in the world

Post by Pialojo »

Stainless wrote:Vindicator didn't use guass in Fo:T either.....
Hahahaha, sounds like Kashluk's been playing FOBOS or some other cheap Fallout imitation. ;)
These smiling eyes are just a mirror for the sun
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

There is a gauss minigun in FOT, but there was none in FOs, correct? Yeah, I win.

I didn't mean *Vindicator* used gauss in FOT. That one was, IIRC, 7.62? But a gauss minigun does exist in tactics.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Yes, there is a guass minigun in Fo:T. However, there is also a vindicator. Therefore, it doesn't explain why you'd think the vindicator would use guass ammo in Fo2.
Our Host!