Any non-Deathmatch mode?

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
NumberZero
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Any non-Deathmatch mode?

Post by NumberZero »

The wastes really rocks, but i like to have some thinking with my action, i was hoping for some kind of round based "survival mode" where you had one life and had to find hoard food and water in order to keep a "survival bar" from dropping to zero causing you to die. I was hoping for something Post-Apocolyptic to go with my Post-Apocolyptic shooting.

Also, my name online is NumberZero, and i like the scoped revolver.
hello, if your fallout idea starts with "Wouldn't it be cool", then i hate you, and i am very saddened by the fact that technology has not advanced to the point where you can reach out and touch other users, because i would strangle you.
Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Snake »

Teamplay is coming, due to bugs and mapproblems the current releases have been more about getting the mod playable
Hopefully soon LMS, TEAMDM and CTF will be added into future releases
"Call me Snake"
Fimp
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Fimp »

Hopefully yeah.
CTF would kick so much ass. But why not something a little more "original" or so to say, like assault in UT?
Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Snake »

Seeing how close this mod came to dying you should be happy with what you get and when you consider its free too
I'm sure once the CTF game mode is introduced and tweaked over time that more original modes will eventuate

There were a few like tribal mode where most ppl are tribals with spears and simialr weapons protecting a base
Then the opposing team was only a few ppl with guns who had to kill several tribals to kill in order to get one frag
There were catch the battery and capture homeless person aka bum modes but needed more tweaking and stuff
Give it time...
"Call me Snake"
Fimp
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Fimp »

I'm very gratefull though. I should be as Wastes is the only game I play except Fallout.
I guess you know what you're doing. :)
BlackDog
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BlackDog »

just wait another 3 years, another couple coders later, and you may have your teamplay...since that is what it took to create The Wastes from Wasteland Half-Life 2.1! :p
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

I suggested making TW more realistic and less DM/arcade quake feeling... but they berated me.

pfff... my HL doesn't even work anyway.
Our Host!