Goofy little post apoc biker action game

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Goofy little post apoc biker action game

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

<strong>[ -> Interview]</strong>

<a href="http://www.akella.com/">Akella</a> is working on a new <i>post apocalyptic</i> themed action game called <a href="http://www.axlerage.com/">Axel Rage</a>. Want to know more? Check out <A href="http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=14680">this interview</a> at <A href="Http://www.homelanfed.com">HomeLAN Fed</a>. Here's some of it:
<br>
<br><blockquote><b>HomeLAN</b> - What can you tell us about the storyline for the game?
<br>
<br><b>Andrew Belkin</b> - Axle Rage features a single narrative and thus a liner game structure. However, the game world a post apocalyptic Nailsdale city is an opened, free-roaming environment. On many stages of storyline progress the player will be able just to ride around the city, fight with other bikers in the streets, search for side quests, secret locations and other adventures as much as he wishes. The main story starts when Axel the main character, a member of No Dice motorcycle gang (one of the numerous motorcycle gangs in Nailsdale) becomes involved into illegal myro traffic a very expensive synthesized liquid drug. The things got wrong from the very beginning of this deal Axle's friend was murdered while he himself is still alive by a fluke. Then Axle will have to visit numerous places and beat armies of bad guys to save his ass, stand up for respect of his gang and discover the mystery and origins of myro. </blockquote>
<br>
<br>Ummm... Yeah.. A post apocalyptic game with bikers dealing illegal drugs. <i>Worst. Idea. Evar.</i>
KruddMan
Respected
Respected

Post by KruddMan »

looks a lot like that Akira movie

biker gangs and big futuristic city after nuclear war

terrible music in the trailer but it looks kinda neat
Lunchmeat
Strider
Strider

Post by Lunchmeat »

Road Rash + adventure game? Sure, I'll bite.
Finch
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Finch »

Game looks good...if the trailer is practical.

The idea's not that bad either...at least not "mental invalid" level
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Looks dumb.

? And what's with all those question marks ?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

html sometimes doesn't like certain characters like dashes, quotations, and apostrophes. It can be fixed if you go back through and edit everything.

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of japanese looking bikes and yamahas or whatever those are. If they were Harleys and Indians I'd be excited.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

The story sounds pretty stupid, the gfx aren't anything special and the gameplay looks like a poor man's GTA.

So what's the draw?
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

You people are sinking ever deeper into a hole where you cannot accept any game and you believe you must criticise everything... You have no authority to do this O_O

Play some games. Appreciate them for their good points, don't deride them for their bad ones. Fallout is the closest to perfect yet made, don't base your opinions of other games on it.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

it sounds kewl u kan drive VECHIEL?
:chew:
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

T-900 wrote:Play some games. Appreciate them for their good points, don't deride them for their bad ones. Fallout is the closest to perfect yet made, don't base your opinions of other games on it.
Would you fucking stop repeating that and, like I've said, go play Daikatana or something? Let's see if you can appreciate those goddamn "good points" then! There are good games, and then there's (HUGE SPOILER AHEAD, MIGHT RUIN YOUR LIFE) shitty games - ever thought this just could be one of those games? I'm not saying it is, but I'm not going to buy some shitty ass swell guy game either just so I can ignore its shittiness and appreciate those good points, like, hot thong babes or something! :cry:
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

in case you hadn't noticed games are about 50 bux a pop. If you want us to not develop any sort of instinct and spend those 50 on every single game that comes out you're a friggin numb skull. So I repeat, why should I give this game my 50 bucks rather than a game like say... mafia or gta 3 or halo 2 or.. etc get my drift?
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

Setting from 'Akira', story from 'Full Throttle'. Sounds neat, I'll keep an eye on that one.
Lunchmeat
Strider
Strider

Post by Lunchmeat »

Too bad the main character kinda looks like a fairy. I'd rather be on the side of the rice rockets, to tell the truth.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

T-900 wrote:You people are sinking ever deeper into a hole where you cannot accept any game and you believe you must criticise everything... You have no authority to do this O_O

Play some games. Appreciate them for their good points, don't deride them for their bad ones. Fallout is the closest to perfect yet made, don't base your opinions of other games on it.
So what you're saying is, go buy some shit?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Mad Max RW wrote:Anyway, I'm not a big fan of japanese looking bikes and yamahas or whatever those are. If they were Harleys and Indians I'd be excited.
I have to agree here. Something about street bikes and motocross gear just doesn't impress me when it comes to a big, post apocalyptic city. In fact, the whole idea of having street biker gangs fighting against an illegal drug in a post apocalyptic city just seems totally bent to me. Here's why I said it was a horrible idea:
  • It's post apocalyptic, only with laws.
  • Not only are there laws, there's laws against victimless crime. Hello, priorities!
  • Good guy street gangs fighting drugs. What. the. fuck.
T-900 wrote:Play some games. Appreciate them for their good points, don't deride them for their bad ones. Fallout is the closest to perfect yet made, don't base your opinions of other games on it.
Crap tastes even better with undigested corn kernels?
------------------
Grifman
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Grifman »

Hehehe, anyone notice the drug's name . . . "myro" . . . hmm, seems familiar . . . could it be . . . "Myron"? :)

Grifman
ghosttown
SDF!
SDF!

Post by ghosttown »

Grifman wrote:Hehehe, anyone notice the drug's name . . . "myro" . . . hmm, seems familiar . . . could it be . . . "Myron"? :)

Grifman
i may not be the most well known member of the community, but i believe i have the authority to call you a retard.
So bright I'll bite
and fight this kite
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:
  • It's post apocalyptic, only with laws.
  • Not only are there laws, there's laws against victimless crime. Hello, priorities!
  • Good guy street gangs fighting drugs. What. the. fuck.
Heh, those are all good points, except - it's not even slightly post apocalyptic. That city certainly isn't struggling at all, technologically... I mean just look at it. It's definately still going at full swing, from the concept art they have all over the site. Just because a city was nuked i suppose doesn't put it in a post apoc setting, akira certainly wasn't. It was futuristic, and didn't have any of the post apoc trademark struggling to reinstate order / just to survive in a ruined world. The world wasn't ruined in akira, and it certainly isn't in this. If they say post apoc somewhere on their site, they're just being total retards and are using it as a catchphrase instead of actually making their game post apoc. It doesn't seem any different than akira, at all, from those pictures.

What about the movie though? That give it some more sense?
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

SuperH wrote:Heh, those are all good points, except - it's not even slightly post apocalyptic.
I agree that it's not post apocalyptic, but that's what the developers are calling it. It's rather odd they want a post apocalyptic setting, but they want things like large, functioning cities complete with victimless crime laws. You have to have a fairly organized government in place, complete with enforcement, to have such laws. It's silly.
------------------
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Full Throttle anyone?...

Hmm looks like a fun try-out. I'd probably download it and see if it's worth buying. Then decide not to.
Testicular Pugilist
Our Host!