tactic graphics engine readapted for the making of FO3

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Carib
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

tactic graphics engine readapted for the making of FO3

Post by Carib »

Sounds like blasphemy to Saint and Rosh. Maybe, but Tactics did have some nice graphics and the editor was by far friendlier than the editor Chris and Feargus released. (Still twitches from making his dream fallout house)....

Anyhow, the engine could be tweaked, new stuff can be added, patches can be made.... Ect, ect. Of course, we could always go 3-d and have full detail for everything. Works out fine.

I mean god-bless the russkies, the Poles and all those East bloc folk who have spent the past seven or so years braking the back of the corrupt USA.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

s3x g0d wrote:tactic graphics engine readapted for the making of FO3
Just what are you getting at here? More rumors, or do you have proof?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Bullshit. BIS has stated numerous times that the internally developed Jefferson engine would be used for FO3.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

and why, exactly, would the tactics engine even be considered? I dont' get it....
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Sorry Rama, that wouldn't work for many, many reasons. The top ones are that the engine itself belongs to Microforte and not Interplay. Number 2 reason is that the tactics engine does not have built-in speech trees which are going to be requisite for FO3. The FOT isn't bad for a combat game and could be improved with a few tweaks but for an RPG it would be next to impossible to adapt.
Carib
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Carib »

I see.... Okay, it was just a thought, failed to see there was more to it. So what engines could we look at for a next FO3?

Something like Neveriwnter nights, the infinite Engine (thought it was on its last laps), the engine from Morrowind? what?
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

I believe JE has been hinting at the Jefferson engine.
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Rama Stryfe wrote:I see.... Okay, it was just a thought, failed to see there was more to it. So what engines could we look at for a next FO3?

Something like Neveriwnter nights, the infinite Engine (thought it was on its last laps), the engine from Morrowind? what?
have you been eating paint chips?
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

Rama, there is no speculation to be made here, absolutely no ambiguity. The engine for FO3 is the Jefferson engine, end of story. This has been mightily confirmed all over BIS.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Soldier87

Post by Soldier87 »

I think interplay should use sumwhat same graphics as fallout tactics and fallout 2. I hate it when game designers plan the sequel all hyped up on graphics so it can only be played on "state0-of-the-art" computers. Take Command and Conquer Generals for example, i was really excited to go get it until i read the system requirments. It worked on my comp, but it looks like shit cuz i was runnin 128mb's. I was so pissed. I dont play c&c games now. I dont like sellouts who would ditch hardcore fans and leave them in the dark just to make some rich kid happy. If it has the name Fallout 3 on the box, i would care less bout the damn graphics. If anyone wants a 3-d or hyped graphic fallout game, then buy the playstation 2 or xbox version. Dont leave gamers who arent privilegded with riches in the dark. I just bought this comp half year ago. im not gonna buy another or get hundreds of bucks in uprageds for awhile. i cant afford that stuff yet. so hopefully interplay will not be corrupted by brats who say graphics are what a game is all about.
Soldier87

Post by Soldier87 »

Phew!
Our Host!