Awaken mod... now in English flavour!

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
MacBeth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by MacBeth »

Zappoiler (Spoiler ahead!)

Rope, rope, rope, you need a rope...one of the junkers has one
- who's the one to BLAME!? -
- shin! shin! sei! kyuu! sai! -
- hail the mushroom cloud -

me not like my english ;)
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

i have _2_ ropes! >:D are you telling me there's stuff to do in BRC once it's been (SPOILERS AHEAD) blown kablooey?
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

Thanks gents... I deliberately three-wise-monkeysed it as soon as I read the word 'spoiler'. I've loaded up an earlier save game and played it from there. :)
MacBeth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by MacBeth »

uhm again spoiler warning ;P
Killzig wrote:i have _2_ ropes! >:D are you telling me there's stuff to do in BRC once it's been (SPOILERS AHEAD) blown kablooey?
well since location will be "dead" theres nothing to do in there :)

Prunk
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Prunk »

Question!

** mini spoiler **

I have received the quest from the boss man in New Chicago to take out the Chans ... but I can't find them! Is a location supposed to appear on the map or do I just need to keep hunting? Or am I being stupid?
MacBeth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by MacBeth »

it should appear on the world map, but not in a such way that it will showed on the cities list, but it will be "uncovered" so when now you have to search for a small location named "unknown" :P

sometimes it's hard to find them, but keep on trying, or ... leave the quest for now and try doing something, maybe you will come across the location by chance

Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

ok i think i've tried to steal from just about everyone in barter town but who the hell is it that has night vision goggles?
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

N/M found em.
Prunk
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Prunk »

Likewise, givin' em hell!
Prunk
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Prunk »

**spoilers**

Bah, now the Soldiers of Hope want me to twat the Brotherhood, who I haven't even found yet! Are there Brotherhood quests I should be doing first?

I think I need a walkthrough :)
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Prunk if you do a quest for the BOS, the SOH knows you and you can't do shit for them. Same thing for the SOH, when you head down to the bos base you'll be met by the two guards (one named Tobboc -- almost Cabbot backwards, probably what they intended) and he'll tell you to frick off before they waste you. That being said it's southeast of the soh base. A couple of grids north of the vault. Way down the fuck there. Take Gisbourne with you and you'll automatically become a cadet. The BOS quests also involve wasting the SOH. (Be prepped for an attack at any time, the SOH has some tuff mofos)...
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Oh as a side note, if you come across train parts -- KEEP THEM FOR FUCK'S SAKE. I found the train parts way too early on, and I dropped them thinking it was for a non essential quest -- now I don't remember whereever the fuck I ditched them. :(
Prunk
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Prunk »

Thanks for that!

Thats what I guessed re. BOS and SOH - makes sense!
Grifman
SDF!
SDF!

Two things I don't like

Post by Grifman »

Quests are well done, the game seems very "Fallouty". That said, I have two complaints, all around one word - "realism".

The damage has been doubled for weapons. Sorry, that unbalances the game IMO. Why should I try targeted shots now? The "Fastshot" perk/attribute is the way to go now. I can get off two or three double damage shots while a sniper gets off one - not to mention what automatic weapons do now with each hit! I liked combats that went several turns as those could develop into cool tactical battles - do I heal now with a stimpack, or take a chance of getting off another shot now and take out the baddie with the minigun. Now, it's kill or be killed, not much chance for those decisions. Not a good choice IMO.

Also, they tripled the weight of items. I'm not sure how "realistic" this is, seeing as my hunting rifle now weighs more like it was a 16th century arquebus than a lightweight modern weapon. Basically after any action where you get some goodies you have to run off to a merchant to sell stuff, since you really don't have the weight capacity to carry much around. In some sense it is realistic, but it's not fun - getting stuff and selling it becomes more of a chore than fun.

That said and done, I do have some questions:

1) I get two quests in Bartertown - one for a lost piece of jewelry - and the other some night vision gear. But neither shows up as a quest on my PipBoy. Is that correct or a bug?

2) Any hints about the jewelry (the guy that lost it has the mayor as a brother). He says he lost is milking brahmin, but I went to the only Brahmin pen in town and saw nothing.

3) The main quest has me lost. Ok, I can't go back to the vault, I went to the BCR, got into the computer - this put a military base and some other place I think on the map - at least I didn't have them before the BCR I think. But I don't have any idea why or where I should go. Do I stumble on something while wandering further or what?

4) The guy in the bar asks me to retrieve something from a place he calls Rampart - but it doesn't appear on the map. Will I just stumble acrross it randomly? Most of the time in Fallout, mentioning a place puts it on the map.

That's it for now.

Grifman
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

the brc computer adds the location "holy grounds" after you visit holy grounds you should get the vault back on your map.
Grifman
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Grifman »

Killzig wrote:the brc computer adds the location "holy grounds" after you visit holy grounds you should get the vault back on your map.
Nope, just went and checked, no "Holy Grounds" after the BCR blew up - instead I got a military base and New Chicago. I loaded up a savegame from before and after the BCR - these two were definitely added after the BCR - no "Holy Grounds".

Grifman
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

did you walk all the way into the chamber and use the main computer?
deadlus
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by deadlus »

I think that computer in MB adds holy grounds to the worldmap, the one in BRC adds MB
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

you would be correct sir, my mistake. you'd have to be either a) a total bad ass b) a SOH member to get to that MB computer.
Grifman
SDF!
SDF!

Ah, thanks

Post by Grifman »

Thanks, guys. yeah, the MB looked pretty tough, gotta do some buffing up :)

Grifman
Our Host!