Star Wars ATTACK OF THE CLONES

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

George Lucas should:::

Continue making Star Wars films
24%
Go back to the Indiana Jones franchise
5%
Buy Interplay up and make a Fallout film
7%
Buy Interplay up, walk into a dark alley carrying the deeds and get beaten to death and robbed by David Fincher who goes on to make a Fallout film
38%
Eat shit and die
26%

Total votes: 42

Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Star Wars ATTACK OF THE CLONES

Post by Killzig »

I hate Star Wars(yes, all of them,) let's just get that out right off the bat. I hate even worse that I can't escape Episode II's release and that I somehow feel beholden to go see it. Has anyone here seen it yet? I tried reading the review at Aint It Cool News but Harry's review is utter shite. I wonder how much they paid him for it.

that being said, here's a little poll...
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Jethro Tull
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Jethro Tull »

George Lucas is a fat old man with no talant. He just stole a bunch of shit from other writers and made it his own.

He doesnt care either that his new movies are crap- just read his interviews. Its all because of the money.

I wish that they would plant gun turrents outside theaters to shot and kill anyone about to buy a episode2 ticket.
Aqualung my friend
don't start away uneasy
you poor old sod, you see, it's only me.
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Vote: #4

I just want to see a Fallout movie.

That and Episode 1 was a piece of crap and Episode 2 probably will be just more of the same. It will be a bunch of special effects with a horrible storyline.

And for some reason I liked the first three Star Wars movies(4,5,6), I was a just a little kid(I was eight) when I saw for the first time, the ships were kewl and they had lasers, I guess those are my reasons for liking it. :P
Condie
Gestapo
Gestapo

Post by Condie »

I'll probably see it, but I am under no illusions that it will actually be good.

It's just another special effects film, and that's it.
________
Park (Bridgeview)
Last edited by Condie on Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Vote: Eat Shit and Die.

I have two words for George Lucas' fat ass: Coronary Thrombosis.

The sad thing w/the current slew of films is that Lucas seems to have lost what little talent for directing that he ever had. He's inconsistant and can't lead flies to a pile of shit, let alone direct decent actors.

I won't even go into how I've felt insulted that I'm supposed to sit though a movie that wants me to believe that a civilization that can build huge FTL ships still has "snub fighters" that dog fight at less than 100m ala WWII aircraft. Oh wait...I just did. :oops:

The worst thing about George is that his films have sullied the reputation of otherwise outstanding actors, branding people like Sir Alec Guinness w/the stigma of their SW universe characters at the expense of their real contributions to the silver screen and onstage.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Star Wars is the bestus movie out dar :drinking:

Besides playing old Obi-wan what else did Guinness do?
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

paynetothemax wrote:Besides playing old Obi-wan what else did Guinness do?
Um...Aside from his role as Col. Nicholson that garned him an Oscar and a Golden Globe in The Bridge on the River Kwai you can click here for his filmography.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

The bridge over the river Kwai is supposed to be good isn't? I haven't seen it.
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

I didn't like Phantom Menace that much, but I'm interested to see the next film. I loved the Star Wars films, growing up as a kid.

Another Indiana Jones film would be fun, but as far as I can remember, Georgey only helped to write and produce the films... not direct.
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

He didn't direct all the Star Wars films either.
When I was in elimentary school, if I was sick that's what I watched,Star Wars, so I really like it. But I'm old enough now to see it's holes and stuff.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

I didn't like Star Wars. It pissed me off the storm troopers with l33t assault rifles got overpowered by some toga sporting fucknuts with magic wands and the force. I've hated fantasy ever since.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

the stormtroopers were pretty sweet :2gunfire:
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

fan·ta·sies
The creative imagination; unrestrained fancy.
Something, such as an invention, that is a creation of the fancy.
A capricious or fantastic idea; a conceit.

It's not meant to be realistic! Suspension of disbelief is required... much like that crappy 60's sci-fi adventure theatre deals Star Wars is based on.

You've hated fantasy ever since the stormtroopers got shot by the good-guys, Killian? Awww, c'mere - gimme a hug! You're so cute and innocent sometimes. :D
toughlilgecko
SDF!
SDF!

Post by toughlilgecko »

Give the devil his due: unlike Steven Spielberg, George Lucas knows his limits and works within them. No one does pulp style movies better. That having been said, I do NOT want him anywhere near a Fallout movie project!
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

Vote Option #4

Actually, I wanna vote for eat shit and die. Cuz episode one is crappy as hell. I supposed that Darth sth in episode 1 to be cool and such, like Darth Vadar, found out that it's a whole different story. It's not a film at all. So, I won't watch this one.

If fat old George insist in filming Star War Series, I believe he will really end up eating shit.
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
keeps the heart imprisoned
What the spirit seeks the mind will follow
When the body speaks all else is hollow
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

Killzig wrote:I didn't like Star Wars. It pissed me off the storm troopers with l33t assault rifles got overpowered by some toga sporting fucknuts with magic wands and the force. I've hated fantasy ever since.
How do you balance you left wing sentiments with a love of stormtroopers from an obviously facist/military dictatorship organisationsuch as The Empire???

PS. I'm with you on despising the intergalactic tree hugging hippies known as the Jedi....
Jimbo san
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Jimbo san »

Say what you liked about the films, Darth Vader was cool. Happy days, my innocent childhood where i pretended i was an Empire stormtrooper kicking jedi ass. Such innocence.... {dreamy smile appears over face}
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

The fact is, that SW movies being what they are(Basically CGI driven), actually enhance an actor's value when he shows acting, like Guiness did.(Acting being everything an actor does to enhance the role-sometimes restricted to a difference of breathing). Allready familiar with his work, by the time I watched the movies, my respect for his abilities was enlarged, because to my belief: Only Alek Guiness could play Kenobi like he did.

Also let's not forget that Ford helped boost his career with it. Hamill didn't really show if he could do better than this. I expect McGregor to be at least good and better in the 3rd part. From the trailers, it seems Portman is better than the 1st ep.(in which she was decent). I'm hearing it's also a much better and dense story.
Well, I guess I'll find out after this Friday-I believe it's the Global simultaneous premiere Killzig-
Yossarian
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Yossarian »

Option #4

I liked the SW films (As space opera goes, they are unparalelled), with the explicit exclusion of Episode one, which was a bad film for ages 8 and down. Cute lil Anakin does cute things in a strangely cute way. Oh, how cute, he said something funny when that...thing fell over, dropped something or said something with -se at the end.
Like spoonfeeding a diabetic white industrial sugar by the pound. My eyes bled, then vomited.

And yes, when I am undisputed emperor of the world, there will be a SW film where Endor is deforested from orbit. Then, as Ewoks seem to be impervious to blaster fire, they are mowed down with machineguns and rockets from old-school Hind-gunships...for hours and hours. Then some more. Yes, this might have a second part.The two or three survivors will be used as living dishrags to clean out radioactive ducts in the Alternative Imperial Fleet (AIF).

There will be action-figures of the burnt-to-a-crisp ewok, the exploded ewok and the riddled-with-20mm-bullets ewok.

That will teach those teddybears.
Ashmo
Respected
Respected

Post by Ashmo »

If you removed Darth Maul (booh... look at me... I'm evil), lil' Anakin (aw... ain't I cool?) and Jar-Jar >Shithead< Bings with his tribe AND maybe even some of the other screw-ups, Episode One could have been good.... actually the movie would even be better if they left the tape empty.... two hours silence on a white background... ah...
M2K wrote:HELLO
Dan wrote:LEAVE.
Our Host!