Sickness, Radiation, Healing Rate, etc..

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Sickness, Radiation, Healing Rate, etc..

Post by PaladinHeart »

Just a few notes on some things I have discovered.

The higher your healing rate, the more health gained from healing items. For example if you have 100 healing rate, you'll always gain at least 100 healing from a stimpack (wow). This is a good option if you want a certain enemy to simulate use of a medical kit or such.

The higher your first aid skill, the more you heal with first aid kits, and so forth for doctor skill as well. This can be used to heal extra points with a better kit that gives a bonus to these skills.

If a character is sick, radiated, etc.. otherwise impaired they will have difficulty doing almost anything. Especially skills that require their concentration. I noticed this when my medic char with 130+ skill kept failing when trying to heal while slightly radiated. It also lowers the effectiveness so while you normally might heal 100 to 150 points of damage your now sick char might heal 25 to 50 points of damage with their health kit. I do not know the extent of this effect on fighting.

I noticed that addictions to specific drugs are not noted on the character. Where and how do I make this show up?
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Re: Sickness, Radiation, Healing Rate, etc..

Post by OnTheBounce »

[TBC]-PaladinHeart wrote:The higher your healing rate, the more health gained from healing items. For example if you have 100 healing rate, you'll always gain at least 100 healing from a stimpack (wow). This is a good option if you want a certain enemy to simulate use of a medical kit or such.
That's an interesting discovery. Puts some teeth into the EN score, which I usually virtually ignore, especially w/my own character. (Four is default for my Main Character.)
[TBC]-PaladinHeart wrote:I noticed that addictions to specific drugs are not noted on the character. Where and how do I make this show up?
Have you checked that the "Addiction Effect" includes raising the appropriate type of addiction to "1"? I'm not sure that this will do the trick, but it's a likely problem.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Addiction

Post by PaladinHeart »

I'll check into that. Its pretty rotten when the character's stats go bad and there is no indication of why.
Our Host!