Sprite Library Anyone?

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Sprite Library Anyone?

Post by Flamescreen »

This is an unofficial poll. It doesn't have the Poll feature cause this way you can go anonymous and I need comments. So, how do you feel if we create a(simple) sprite library? It might contain Weapons, medication, Money(maybe,no real need for it) etc. I want replies from at least 2 other creators,saying they will contribute, one preferably being JJ86. DAC could host it. Answers in the form: Yes-No.
You can place comments after your vote.
Last edited by Flamescreen on Sun May 05, 2002 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Umpa
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Umpa »

yes.

I've just started mapping and that would help.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

I'm all for it. I'd contribute any sprites I manufacture that aren't central to my campaign.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Why, thanks OTB. I thought JJ86 was supposed to make your sprites. Good to hear otherwise. Actually this is an idea I borowed from old DAC.
Anyway now, I only need one other creator to be sure I'm not doing all the work and then we can start doing it, provided Kreegle or Killzig will reply to say if they'll host it.
-FS
War Bringer
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller
Location: Eden Facility 3 Project: Sigma (Testing) In.The.Center.Of.The.Storm

Post by War Bringer »

well, i can send sprites that jj86 have made for me (haha! pushing the work load again! haha! nevermind)

i'm all for the idea, and i think it'd go hand in hand with the clips archive that people wanted. but it is a new DaC still, so things can't be done so quickly, unless the archives were made from another page... and who'd be willing to put the work?
"...Half a man's corpse laid on the hallway floor starring at itself,
probably wondering what had happened to the rest of his body..."
- Brothers Of The Dark

Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

I'd love to have a sprite library to browse through, and I'd love to contribute some stuff to it, but I can't make the damn things!

So, my vote is "yes."
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Flamescreen wrote:I thought JJ86 was supposed to make your sprites.
Time for an update to my site, I see. :lol:

I managed to get hold of a copy of Photoshop 5.0 on eBay a couple of weeks ago, so I'm capable of making my own sprites now. I'm glad of it, too, since I hated having to bother JJ86 about it. (It's not like the man doesn't have other things to do! :lol: )

Basically, I have a collection of screenshots from the RPGs (mostly FO2) and will be using those to create sprites from. There's a great source of notes and other mundane items in there that will serve nicely. There are also some sprites I'm working on from digital photos (mostly cartridges from my own stocks) and scans (mostly weapons that I don't own).

OTB
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

I went to Heckler & Koch's website a couple days ago and grabbed a bunch of pics (PSG-1, USP, G36, UMP, etc.) to try and make some sprites, but I only have PSP Pro 5.0, and nobody seems to know how to make spr's with it, and I'm not one fo figure it out... :(

How mush does Photoshop 5.0 go for?
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Sure, I can contribute and if anybody needs any simple sprites created, email me the pic and I'll get it back to you within a few days. Just don't ask for some complcated 300-pic animation :D

I have the whole sprite creation down to an art with Photoshop and Spray and also Redviewer. Here is a list of the sprites that I have backed up:

fallout sign
floorlamp
flowers
jukebox
junkcar
lavalamp
gas mask
parked hummer
pet food bowl
piano
red cross wall sign
shelter sign
visa card
yes
no

I will try to put together small gif pictures for a quick reference when I get a chance.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Hey JJ86, could you email me the gasmask sprite? I have a pic I was thinking about using, but was holding off on because I want to get the reflection on the lenses down right. I may ditch it in favor of yours, however. :)

BTW, you have all of the sprites backed up that I have of yours. The only ones I have are the FA wall sign, Jukebox and ruined car.

Cheers,

OTB
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

Sounds like a cool idea for a site. We'll host it.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

OnTheBounce wrote:Hey JJ86, could you email me the gasmask sprite? I have a pic I was thinking about using, but was holding off on because I want to get the reflection on the lenses down right. I may ditch it in favor of yours, however. :)
You should know that this gus mask is more of a FO2 Power armour headmask, so if you're going for something like modern or WW's masks its not very handy. I personally thought it rocks as a wall decoration though(in a shop?).

I will go now and make some sprites form scratch since my old ones are copyrighted and don't think I can post them. I'll make 3 for a start. I think it's o.k. if each provides 3 for starters.
[Edit]Btw, what's the news with Section 8's reaver sprite? Do you think we should create a petiotion for it and the car sprite? I mean even if the car is broken, we could still have some use for it, why aren't they releasing it?[Edit]
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Flamescreen wrote: You should know that this gus mask is more of a FO2 Power armour headmask, so if you're going for something like modern or WW's masks its not very handy.
Yes, this sprite is a M-17 Protective Mask, which was the US Army's standard Pro Mask from the '70s into the late '90s. I have a JPG of a M-9 Protective Mask that I'm going to try to make a decent sprite out of, down to the transparency of the lenses and the glare. I'm using the other sprite for the gas mask entity I have in the interrim.

Today I will (hopefully) start fiddling w/sprite production. First in the hopper are the Fake Citizenship Papers from VC in FO2. (I have a 2nd level character w/no weapons or armor sitting there for purposes of collecting screenshots.)
Flamescreen wrote: Btw, what's the news with Section 8's reaver sprite? Do you think we should create a petiotion for it and the car sprite? I mean even if the car is broken, we could still have some use for it, why aren't they releasing it?[Edit]
:lol: There are some petition-happy people around here...

I agree that we could use the car for lots of things. For instance, if nothing else we could take SPRTIL2GIF to it and make some more scenery sprites and/or tiles...

OTB
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

[Additions]
Well i got My first new Sprite, but I don't know what to do with it. Should I send it somewhere, so that users can download it?
I have some art of it, I wanted to post, but don't know how to link in some site(plus I don't have any room for it, so). Can someone help?

Old post:
I decided to make one weapon and one food sprite. About the third, unsure.
Equus
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Equus »

I'd be up for contributing sprites & stuff.

On the subject does anyone have have a trailer sprite (along the lines of the old FO brahmin pulled caravan trailer thing) or know if their is one in the current tile set?
Shadowvalor
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadowvalor »

I'm all up to helping.
I used to have a bunch of Fallout sprites that I converted. Leather armor, MP9, and some other stuff. Those kinda died, but any sprites that aren't vital, such as just generic weapons, armor, and such like that I'll submit. If someone would make it posible to make people, I would be glad to submit them, too.

Any chance I could get that gas mask? Would save me makeing my own, now wouldn't it?
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

No Doubt About It

Post by Forty-six & Two »

Im gona try and see if I can figure out how to make sprites too, will take time though... Right now I go to school in Jylland and my 256Pc800Ram/1700mhz is at home in Sjælland and the 450mhz here at my school is abit to slow so I dont get much mapping done and anyways I dont have the time. In a month or so I will have summer vacation and then im home permanent opposy travelling back and forth AKA then its time for some FOT mapping N modding!!! It really is good for the soul..... :P
Richard Sharpe
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Richard Sharpe »

yes, being a moder i want to see what you guys are doing :) anyone making mods, you can feel free to steal any of my sprites but you would have to download mission likemy AOD mission on www.dwfallout.org , and it would be easier to be able to just add the sprites to a site. on topic has anyone made any starwars sprites?
Rich, When you want Modding done really badly ask Rich :)
Our Host!