Fallout 5 & Other Potential Future Fallout Games.

Discuss Obsidian's Vegas Fallout game here. Also: Fallout 4, Fallout 76, Fallout Shelter and other new dairy products from Bethesda's farm that don't have separate forums here yet.
TheKingofVault14
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Fallout 5 & Other Potential Future Fallout Games.

Post by TheKingofVault14 »

Since this hasn't been made into a thread of its own yet, I figured I'd start one right now, so let's have an open discussion about Fallout 5 & other potential future Fallout games!

For example in regards to Fallout 5, where do you think the setting is going to be? What kind of story do you think that it would tell? What new factions would you like to see? With the possibility of returning characters from Fallout 3 & 4, who would you like to see again? And with the latest news of the ongoing Microsoft/Xbox Layoffs that have affected Bethesda, plus with the schedule they have for their other projects, when do you think the game is going to be released? You know, what's the realistic timeframe for it? Personally for me, I'd say it's definitely sometime during the early to mid 2030s.

Now for the other future Fallout games...

Is it possible for InXile or Obsidian Entertainment or any other company to get a shot at creating a Fallout game before Fallout 5's release?

And if Microsoft/Xbox decides to hand any company the IP, what kind of game would like to see them make?

Would like to see them make a modern Isometric styled Fallout game? Something like Wasteland 2 & 3? Or a game that's in the style of Fallout New Vegas?

And of course, what kind of stories, settings, & factions would you like to see them cover and do if given the opportunity?

:?

So yeah, feel free to discuss anything about all these endless possibilities of the Fallout series!

:thumbsup:
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Re: Fallout 5 & Other Potential Future Fallout Games.

Post by SenisterDenister »

There won't be a new Fallout game for at least another six or seven years, unless it's an offshoot title like 76 or something. Bethesda is so tied up trying to fix Starfield and beginning development on the new Elder Scrolls game they won't be able to do anything with Fallout even if they wanted to. Not that I care, I never liked 3 and 4. The best scenario I see coming out of this could potentially be a remaster of 1 and 2, with respective bugfixing, balance, and quality of life additions being put into the games, and maybe some cut content or stuff completely left out being added for more content to explore. That is my best case scenario. New Vegas 2? No, not by modern Obsidian.
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

Fallout 5 will be in New York and the bad guys are going to be Tunnel Jews
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

:rofl:
TheKingofVault14
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by TheKingofVault14 »

Amis wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:55 am Fallout 5 will be in New York and the bad guys are going to be Tunnel Jews
Now wait a minute, didn't New York City get obliterated by nukes in the Fallout Universe???

:? :crazy:
Our Host!