Rice vs Potatoes

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Potatoes vs Rice

Rice
20%
Potatoes
80%

Total votes: 5

Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Rice vs Potatoes

Post by Gimp Mask »

If you had to eat only one or the other for the rest of your life, which would you choose? You can add salt to both

Personally I don't think it would matter much, either way you would be malnourished and suffer
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Re: Rice vs Potatoes

Post by Hyacinth »

Easy.

Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

Well when I was a poor student in the middle of nowhere studying the arts of the liberal media, I would boil rice and add mustard into it, because that was all I had in the closet.

Potatoes.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

seems like literally everybody here loves potatoes, very well then :psychosniper:
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

After very long deliberation I have to say I would stick with potatoes.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

• Potatoes are more versatile and can be prepared in a wider range of dishes.

Potatoes have more fiber than rice, making them more filling.
    Potatoes are naturally gluten-free, making them suitable for those with gluten intolerance.

Potatoes are a good source of vitamins and minerals, including potassium, vitamin C, and iron.

Potatoes have a lower glycemic index than rice, making them a better choice for people with diabetes.

Potatoes are easier to grow and are more resistant to pests and diseases than rice.

Potatoes can be stored for longer periods of time without spoiling, compared to rice.

Potatoes have a creamier texture, which makes them a good addition to soups and stews.

Potatoes are often less expensive than rice.

Potatoes have a more distinctive taste than rice, which can enhance the flavor of other ingredients in a dish.

Potatoes are a good source of complex carbohydrates, providing sustained energy throughout the day.

Potatoes are easier to cook and don't require precise measurements or specific cooking techniques like rice does.

Potatoes can be mashed, fried, boiled, roasted, or baked, making them suitable for a wide range of cooking methods.

Potatoes are a good source of antioxidants, which can help protect against certain diseases.

Potatoes are low in calories and fat, making them a healthier alternative to rice for weight loss.

Potatoes are more filling than rice, making them a good choice for people who are trying to manage their portion sizes.

Potatoes are a good source of energy, which can help improve athletic performance.

Potatoes are more environmentally sustainable than rice, as they require less water and land to grow.

Potatoes are easy to transport and can be easily stored in a pantry or cupboard, making them convenient for people on the go.

Potatoes can be a good source of protein, especially when combined with other protein-rich ingredients, such as beans or lentils.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Been giving it a lot of thought and have to go with rice really. Thai curries, bibimbap, kimbap, sushi, onigiri, buddha bowls, all the good shit. Easy on my stomach too. RIP potatoes
Our Host!