Red Dead Redemption 2 review

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Red Dead Redemption 2 review

Post by Gimp Mask »

I thought this was GTA on horses but it's not really. It doesnt even have horses it has magic and warpigs.

I have played the game a little and here are some of the exciting things you can do:

Press A to skin a deer
Press A to change a tire
Press A to examine a photo
Press A to fuck
Image(nsfw)

Hold A to ride at the same slow speed than others and listen to them talk (40% of the game)
Press nothing to watch cutscenes (80% of the game)
Press RT to shoot at enemies (2% of the game)

The graphics are very good, everything is covered in snow and it's always snowing so there's a lot of white. Science says that white contains all the colors in the world so this is actually the most colourful game in the world and that's a fact. There are 3 weapons to choose from: karate kick, and the shrink ray like in Duke Nukem 3D.
Image "do you feel lucky punk" ;)

The game world is huge but that is not a problem at all because if you go a bit too far from where the game tells you to go you will die and you get to ride on a horse for 5 minutes again because that's where the nearest checkpoint always is. I think the check-points are based on time and not on location. The world is littered with strange anomalies like the Vortex that fucks with the gravity.

Your mission is to find your daddy, maybe. I don't really know what the goal of the game is, the game doesn't tell you. Anything could happen in this game. The game crashed once because not enough "virtual memory" which was pretty cool, I didn't think that had been an issue for 20 years. Everything is scripted so if you like movies but feel like you would like to press a button every once in a while then this is the movie for you, it's a bit like Bandersnatch in that sense.

I give this game 2 psychosnipers, it's not very interesting but better than 1 psychosniper.
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 review

Post by Amis »

I personally like playing the online RDR2 and being a cooky old drunk prospector who loves cabbages (like my IRL persona)

Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 review

Post by Gimp Mask »

Haha yeah I can see the allure of that :salute:
Our Host!