a DD (Double Decade) of Dackin'

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

a DD (Double Decade) of Dackin'

Post by Gimp Mask »

20 years ago duckandcover.net forums were opened whatever. That's a pretty long time really. Is there anyone still posting here? :brushteeth:

Post your favourite DAC memories from the 2012-2022 era here maybe

Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Re: a DD (Double Decade) of Dackin'

Post by Hyacinth »

Wow I can't believe this place is still up i just randomly thought to my adult self "hey remember DAC well boy wee jizz or whatever Americans say let's check it out on my pocketbook computer!" and here I am, alas - ehue!

Luckily remembered my old password even on the first try oh wow. So how are everyone doing doin this is so amazing hey look there's Susan and Blargh as well!

My favorite memory was when DAC came up on a briefing around -12 of potential breeding grounds for crazies here at the CIA so we are super monitoring it as a potential columbine-isis cell. The best underground DAC mystery has to be the one about the puppet master Mindfucker though, what even happened to that guy? OG social engineering to the max, truly!

:freddiemercury:
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I remember when DU came here and fucked up the website telling everyone it was obsolete and that we should move to the Codex. Good times.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

guess not much has happened since then, besides the move from a 20 year old forum software onto a 15 year old one. can't go back in time to pre-social media internet either no matter how hard you try, as all that bullsh*t has modified our behavior anyway, whether or not we admit it.

still i feel like last year was a lot of fun for me dac-wise, this year not so much maybe. 20 years, sheesh :chew:

as for the codex, the irony is that it has pretty much gone the way of dac just on a larger scale. sure the forums are active, but i don't think anyone goes on the codex for the news really, and on the forums people are split on whether it should be a rpg website or a free speech website (there was literally a poll about this that was about 50/50), and not that i care one way or another but you know what "free speech" means in practice on an old rpg forum. heil 1st amendment
Blade II
The Unlucky SDF!
The Unlucky SDF!

Post by Blade II »

My favourite memory is the welcome to DAC thread as it made me feel very welcome.

cheers
Blade II
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Neat.
Our Host!