A media theory

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

A media theory

Post by Hyacinth »

Dear fellow scholars.
Allow me to present you my rudimentary model using ✨artificial intelligence✨ capable of interpreting media content and coupling it to a context database based on a meme formulae.

I believe this is not so far fetched.

This then makeths the digital cage of general use internet.

Reddit.com
YouTube.com
9gag.com
Funnyjunk.com
Tiktok
Etc

All above could be driven by this model. The goal could be ie to trap and dronify humans for ad revenue and general addiction, creating a dopamine addicted populous looking for the next corn, like chickens pressing a button.

What are the arguments against the this theory? I come to you for this.

Simulation theory lite lol, copyright DAC
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Re: A media theory

Post by SenisterDenister »

I agree, that's why I still go to 4chan, no system of voting or likes or anything like that. The sole merit of the post is the content therein as it pertains to whatever conversation the thread is about. Social media is about dopamine rushes to keep people addicted to keep using them. Seeing their views go up, seeing their likes skyrocket, being followed, allowing themselves to be stalked by posting everything about themselves and getting a kick out of it when people validate that behavior. It's a system for creating narcissism.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Re: A media theory

Post by Hyacinth »

I'm not really talking about self validating echo chambers but that the whole phenomenon of "spending time on the phone" could be created artificially, to draw in ad-slaves into a endless *entertainment* cycle by manufacturing a endless distraction.
Our Host!