Manly Business

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Manly Business

Post by Hyacinth »

So my Grandma passed about half a year ago, RIP, she reached a whopping 100 years of age.

Turns out there was this beauty laying around in great condition, untouched for God knows how long, and that kids is "How I inherited my GREAT Grandmothers Sewing Machine" .

Cencored for your convenience. It's an old Husqvarna. That still works!

I call this one "I am too cheap to buy shit", I made it 30 minutes ago.

It works by wrapping around the noggin and presses on the temporalis muscles. Useful for all the headaches I get from waiting for the big DAC 5.0 forum update.

B)
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Very cool, those babies were built to last. Does it have like a pedal you have to keep pumping to drive in the temporalis nails

"I'd Rather be Elsevier" (c) Elsevier Bahnhof GmbH
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

It has a cool electric motor with a pedal plus a light addon but the contact is not grounded so I have to get an adapter kinda. It's backwards compatible with those old sewing tables were you have that tilting foot pedal for a real old school cool feeling.

Yeah pretty cool I'd say, cast iron!
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Lovely stuff! I took up hand sewing stuff this year whilst I quit smoking, was good to fix some clothes and do a bit of embroidery for fun

you got any projects planned? I want to get some big clothes and take them in a bit
:chew:
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Not really any other projects but it's nice to be able to make use of textiles if needed! Thinking of making a tarp roof for the balcony in spring, we'll see how it goes.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

You should get a suede jacket and fill it with patches that say "KISS", "keep calm and carry on", and other punk rock stuff. Maybe put some of those temporalis studs on the shoulders to make it more Kashluk. You would be the talk of the town, a rebel without a cause
Our Host!