homelessness

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

homelessness

Post by Gimp Mask »

Seems like many dacers have been homeless at one point or another. St. Toxic, retlaw83, SenisterDenister, I think Megatron was between homes for a bit too. Prosper was in danger of homelessness very recently.

I have always had a home, can you tell us privileged folk a little about the life of a dharma bum? How did it happen, where did you stay, did it suck or was it great, etc.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

It helps to have friends, I was able to couch surf while I lived out of my car.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

My man how many of you have less teeth than you normally should have
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

I have all of mine, including all my wisdom teeth. Came in perfect without compacting anything. Dental hygiene doesn't have anything to do with your living situation.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

It does if you smoke Crack!
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

I think that's mostly due to poor oral hygiene and diet though, why brush teeth when you can smoke crack
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

Or alcohol induced GERD which also rots the teeth and causes grinding at night.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

okay well I think I now know all there is to know about not having a home, moderators you can lock this thread :salute:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I was on unemployment benefit but I got sanctioned for not turning up to an appointment I wasnt told about so had no money for a month or so and went around at night hoping I would find lost money and mostly ate £1 frozen pizzas. Then I really ran out of money so just stayed here and there for a while (less than a month lol) before going back to my hometown and doing the same thing for a bit whilst I tried to find a job but then mama put me up.

Anyway, this blew up, please follow my soundclot link below and hey, why not grab me a coffee and throw it in your face?

I wasnt really homeless homeless like supping on syrup and cough medicine. I worked a lot with people who used to be homeless though it sux :'( 🤗�😒🥺🥺🥺😈👽👻
:chew:
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Yeah I was thinking about the whole thing because usually when you think of a homeless person you think of the cough syrup man, but they're just a homeless subculture, the vocal minority. Most people probably have an experience similar to yours or something, and are able to have a relatively normal life if they don't have bad addictions etc. hashtag Change my mind B)

It's been a warm summer here and I've gone on these nightly walks and have seen more homeless people here than ever before. Usually I go wake them up and shout "get a job you bum" so that they feel motivated to fix their lives. People thank me all the time for my life coaching lessons, that's fine they can pay me once they get a job.
Our Host!