Your plans this Spring

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
munchkin
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Your plans this Spring

Post by munchkin »

I've done a lot of tent camping with my dad in scouts and with family in a progression of small trailers, beginning with a Tartan folding tent trailer when I was still growing up.

While our grand international travel plans are on pandemic hold we decided to take a swing at RVing. We found a great deal on a Keystone Hideout 28RKS that checked all our boxes. We even squeezed in a three night outing test run before we winterized it and took it to storage. That trip was quite a teaser as we had a great time at a nearby state park. Quite an upgrade over our old pop-up.

We've booked a late March trip to Cape Hatteras and looking for more adventures in 2021. How about you, what are you looking forward this Spring season? :)
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Sounds good, you should check out Nomadland good flick probably will win the Oscar's.

I am planning a week or two long trip on the road this summer, gonna go adv biking camping around the country since it's probably not possible to pass borders by then.

Post a Pic of the rv!
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Hopefully moving, that would be great. Other than that not especially looking forward to anything, for the most part I'm living the dream, doing what I like to do.

We had a small trailer when I was a kid, but we never took it anywhere so it was just standing in our yard and my brother lived there for a bit which was pretty cool, what's the difference really.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I was going to get my vaccine this month but they ran out and auto rescheduled me to next month. Maybe I'll start doing more things next month after my vaccine?
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Which brand will you get?
munchkin
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by munchkin »

Curious with the brand too, lol.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Have fun in North Carolina. Stop in Lexington and get some barbecue if you're driving west to east.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Hi everyone, this is my 10 year check-in. I'll be getting closer to death this spring.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
munchkin
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by munchkin »

Hi, Dogmeatlives, what do you mean? Btw, anyone near Cajun County, NO? Planning to visit there this May after looking at this article :)https://www.allroadsnorth.com/journeys/ ... n-country/
SenisterDenister

I didn't like New Orleans when I went, it's a dirty town. I'll put it this way, I've been to Atlanta a few times and never felt like I was in danger, in New Orleans I felt like if I walked down the wrong street I wouldn't be coming back. This was like four or five years ago, maybe the city has changed but I doubt it. Stick to the countryside around it.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Steam boat nanches!

Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Hey munchkin, I just meant that I'll continue to age. I'm actually planning to visit family in the midwest. I get a week off finally, so thatll be fun.

Senister, I'm really curious about your impression of New Orleans. That has to be a top five destination for me but I've never really talked to a recent visitor. Is it really shit if you just kind of go out in the day/early night and stick to the downtown touristy spots?
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
SenisterDenister

I usually just wander around cities when I visit. The stuff away from the touristy areas seemed pretty sketchy. Made me think of being in the wrong parts of Baltimore.
munchkin
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by munchkin »

@Dogmeatlives I see, I thought something really bad is happening.

@Senister why? What's making the place that dangerous to you? Thanks.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I have been vaccinated with Astra-Zenica, felt a bit shit the day after but that was okay

Otherwise I am just keeping my head down y'know *sniffs* nose to the grindstone an that aye? Lockdown in the capital of Europe, UK, still means everything is shut so I mostly just walk about and eat SHIT

sometimes have a fire

SenisterDenister

Munchkin, it was just a feeling I had. When I went the city just felt grimy, it's hard to explain. It doesn't help I went knowing that New Orleans is the most dangerous city in the south.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Apparently I'm moving this spring.
munchkin
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by munchkin »

SenisterDenister wrote:Munchkin, it was just a feeling I had. When I went the city just felt grimy, it's hard to explain. It doesn't help I went knowing that New Orleans is the most dangerous city in the south.
Well, thanks to your warning, I've researched a lil' bit and found some Not to Do lists in NO on the internet and I thought I should follow this. If you're curious here is what I found.

https://www.fodors.com/world/north-amer ... ew-orleans

and this..

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-safe-to-wal ... s-at-night
Our Host!