Questions about “Covid�?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
munchkin
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Questions about “Covid�?

Post by munchkin »

I do play by the rules, distancing, masks but I'm curious about one thing. Going into town, do weekly chores, I see old used masks blowing around Walmart parking lot. I would think given the "facts" as we are told, why are there no proper disposal units like toxic waste units?
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Everything is contaminated!
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

The actual rate of getting it from objects as opposed to aerosolized transmission is negligible. Hand sanitizer is still recommended after handling foreign objects but actually getting it from simply touching things is remarkably low. Keep your face covered: mouth, nose, and eyes. The distancing only works in short spans of time, the longer you are in a room with someone the likelihood of contracting any infection disease approaches one. People litter because they're stupid, and being personally responsible for your actions is virtually impossible for some. Using a grabber or gloves and a regular trash bag is fine to dispose of the masks. Simply touching a contaminated object doesn't mean you'll get it, you then need to touch an opening on yourself - again, your eyes, nose, or mouth. It's a matter of making sure you're not going to breathe contaminated air or getting droplets from someone's breath on your face.

Just don't be a fucking idiot and don't take this shit lightly. A friend of mine has seen multiple corona patients, upwards of a few dozen now, and hasn't contracted it yet because the safety procedures in the hospital are thorough. If you have a proper P100 or N100 mask that's the best way to do things, an N95 only works if you're doing something quickly and far enough away from potential infected. The 95 represents the percent of foreign material being kept out of the mask. A 95 means it only keeps out 95% of things. This shit shouldn't be as political as it is, it's simple safety protocols to help others, and yourself, from not getting sick or infecting others. People are too short sighted and selfish to want to act in the interest of others.
munchkin
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by munchkin »

Agree, I just can't fathom how irresponsible are some with their own garbage...
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

Guys I can't taste anything.

Edit: Ok a little context, COVID ran through the whole staff of my bar like wildfire and I have closed doors for 14 days, its a disaster. Please wear mask.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Classic COVID
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

You've hear about the mink-variant spreading?

I think it's why the 2nd wave is so fast spreading.

Hopefully less aggressive.

Reminds me of an experiment with a pathogen I dont remember that was made super deadly using only lab-rats or minks, not sure which, anyways it showed that by low tech means you could create a super deadly bioweapon.

https://youtu.be/ZNpDmKHAjeE?t=1049

:drunk:
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

I heard denmark is getting rid of all mink. Who got that job?
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

I mean, it came out of Wuhan which has China's CDC equivalent there and they're known to tamper with shit. It's not a long stretch to think this was engineered and got loose.
munchkin
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by munchkin »

CloudNineGT wrote:Guys I can't taste anything.

Edit: Ok a little context, COVID ran through the whole staff of my bar like wildfire and I have closed doors for 14 days, its a disaster. Please wear mask.
I was in lockdown (quarantine) after being exposed to a coworker but I never showed any symptoms or tested positive. I was in the same boat as you with being in contact with everyone I care about and was worried also but fortunately never came down with anything.

There is no rhyme or reason for the severity of it. Locally I know of 90-year-olds getting through it and some relatively younger people having a hard time with it. I don't know if it would have helped if I would have gotten it but I took zinc and vitamins for a couple of weeks after being exposed to hopefully help.
naughtpan
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by naughtpan »

CloudNineGT wrote:Guys I can't taste anything.

Have you recovered already? I hope you do. I've heard that some had long-term symptoms after recovering, are you feeling this too?
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

munchkin wrote:There is no rhyme or reason for the severity of it.
Abosutely. It laid me and my roomate out like a bad flu for about ten days, which is pretty long mind, but no dangerous symptoms. I had no sense of taste or smell up until a few weeks ago.

A friend who I hike and camp with often had to be hospitalized because of how little oxygen she was getting. And this woman is 26 and very fit and she is still recovering almost three weeks later. Her wife has literally had to tend her bedside after being released from medical care.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Lollz I've already had it done anyways, 4 kids are enough.

But I won't be taking no vaccine until it has been tested proper. At 39 I think a vaccine is just as likely to kill me as the disease itself. I'm sure I'll get a shot in a few years tho, once it has been proven safe.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Would you vaccinate your children is the question, if sterilization is on the table?
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Hyacinth wrote:Would you vaccinate your children is the question, if sterilization is on the table?
Nope. Kids aren't very likely at all to get a serious case unless they suffer from other diseases as well. So there is no point until the vaccine is proven safe. Especially since the whole swine flu debacle.
munchkin
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by munchkin »

Mismatch wrote:
Hyacinth wrote:Would you vaccinate your children is the question, if sterilization is on the table?
Nope. Kids aren't very likely at all to get a serious case unless they suffer from other diseases as well. So there is no point until the vaccine is proven safe. Especially since the whole swine flu debacle.
I've read in the news that is a 90-year-old woman who took the Pfizer vaccine, if she will get good results, I hope the same will be for the young ones.
Our Host!