New server

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

New server

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Community -> Update ]</strong>

<p>DAC's host, the illustrious <a href="http://www.sorcerers.net/forums/showthr ... luntain</a>, is moving us (and our SP brethren) to a new server this weekend. If anyone can spare some money to help him cover the costs, it would be greatly appreciated:</p>
<blockquote>
<p><em>Good citizens of the BoM, I need your support again. You've probably noticed that for some time now our current server has been performing far below expectations in terms of speed, not to mention the occasional load/timeout issues. I've already found a suitable, much more powerful replacement with a new server provider, but this means a) that we will be moving to a new server soon and b) we will need to pay for this new server every month and the price will be nearly double what we're paying now. All of the current issues we're having, however, should be a thing of the past.
</em> <em>
</em> <em><a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/index.php" target="_blank">RPGCodex</a>, one of our hosted sites, will be covering the majority the expenses since they've grown considerably larger than SP over the years.
</em> <em>
However, we'll need to contribute as well. Additionally, over the next few months I'll be moving the BoM to new forum software, since our current provider is no longer worth sticking with. In the meantime, I'm going to reinstate the chat app that I've bought a licence for now and enable temporary content uploads that I've tested some time ago. However, due to impending migration to different forum software, the full transition to automated content uploads will only happen after the move.
</em> <em>
I'm hoping that we can <strong>raise at least $1000</strong> to pay for all the costs mentioned above.
</em> <em>
</em> <em><strong>You can help us reach this goal by <a href="http://www.sorcerers.net/Supporters/signup.php" target="_blank">donating for an SPS account</a> (new or renewed).</strong> PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO PUT DOWN YOUR BoM USERNAME IN THE DONATION NOTES! I especially welcome donations from those of you who have never supported SP with a donation before - now is a great time to show your support for the community!
</em> <em>
Any amount that you can part with to help will be greatly appreciated, so thank you in advance! If you would like to donate less than the minimum SPS account subscription (<$15), you can of course do so as well. Please check <a href="http://www.sorcerers.net/Main/helping_sp.php#paypal" target="_blank">this link</a> for more details.</em></p>
</blockquote>
<p>On a side note, I'd like to apologise for the recent lack of updates. I've been doing a fairly intensive course IRL and just haven't had time. So if anyone wants to step up while I'm busy to post news, let me know.</p>
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

Asshat me and sell my account, that's what you get. I will not, thanks for asking.

-Santa Claws
Ptars
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Ptars »

It's a verb, apparently.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Maybe we could ask one of the ad-bots? :?
FuryCurry
SDF!
SDF!

Post by FuryCurry »

They'll just tell us we owe them money too. :drunk:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Did we even raise any money last time? This is mostly a codex drive as they have the most people and everything.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

We secured the cash to keep our own website in order for the next five years. We did that last year I think. So I guess only four years.
Taluntain
Sorcerer's Place Admin
Sorcerer's Place Admin

Post by Taluntain »

Actually, that was just to cover the insane .cx domain costs, nothing else.
Sorcerer's Place - https://sorcerers.net
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

I still don't like the chodex enough to donate.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

What the heck is a BoM? :crazy:
Our Host!