Watchez bitchez

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

You and I don't have quite the same taste, I like a metal wristband and a bit bigger watch but check out the heritage line of Tissot and I guess a few classics could fit you to.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

VasikkA wrote:I said no jap crap.
well geez sorry for not reading your post :rolleyes: [/sarcasm]
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I love you too, Lasse.

So I went and ordered the #1 alternative in my original post. It has received very favorable reviews by users and the machinery should be near top notch. I'm confident I made the right choice. Inspired by atoga's suggestion I checked out some Longines models online and in nearby watch stores (especially this baby), but was spooked by the almost triple price versus the Hamilton.

I feel excited. Almost like I'm about to become a father but without the burden of a child.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

for the safe gentleman.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Watch out!
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

lol
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

heh heh nice one
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

who watches the watchmens watch, man?
:chew:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I probably would have just went into a store and bought a decent looking and affordable watch since they are kind of equivalent to "does this make my wrist look fat?"

I used to wear a watch for a few years and now I only wear it when I work on the weekends because my pockets are too full of shit to keep my phone and there is no clock nearby. The one I had has a day of the week and day of the month on it but I never set them because I always forget to. I also went through about 4 leather bands for and it occasionally runs slow because I think it stops and then starts probably because the battery is low.

It would be kind of cool to have a watch that told you everything like moon cycles, temperature, scratch resistant, alarm, etc while not making your arm 5 lbs heavier.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote: It would be kind of cool to have a watch that told you everything like moon cycles, temperature, scratch resistant, alarm, etc while not making your arm 5 lbs heavier.
It's called a smart phone.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Post by Alister McFap II Esq. »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:scratch resistant
Retlaw83 wrote:It's called a smart phone.

Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

I bought this one a few years back in Japan, jap crap for life suck it VasikkA! It's got all sorts of features that I never use, I mainly got it because it's over the top and I'm pretty much a self-made Sylvester Stallone IRL. It's not my wrist it's just a pic off the internet; I'm left-handed and don't wear leather jackets. Mine's pretty scuffed anyway.

I had a vintage Omega for a bit but fuck manual winding
POOPERSCOOPER wrote:It would be kind of cool to have a watch that told you everything like moon cycles, temperature, scratch resistant, alarm, etc while not making your arm 5 lbs heavier.
This was slightly amusing
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I've had this one for a couple of years: https://amzn.to/2MIdRxo

My Citizen finally crapped out on me after seventeen years.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

"Mega Chief" sounds very manly. I'm gonna get a Rolex one day just because the idea of me owning one is ridiculous, like Pooper said watches are just man bracelets and wearing 5 grand on your wrist when you're a brokeboi would be hilarious. People take this shit so seriously, I mean it's fine we all have our hobbies and I can appreciate the technological miracle of something purely mecanichal keeping time with a pretty respectable accuracy, but practical they are not in this day and age, a $10 terrorist Casio will be way more accurate. Well I do like how some of them look, so there's that.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Dope clocks, I have to skinny arms to bear them though, also cant wear clocks at work.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

I got this big black mutha today B) it's great for brushing teeth, you can set a timer. You should always brush a minimum of 10 minutes until your mouth bleeds to strengthen the gums, no pain no gain as they say. "welcome to the gum show" he said, exposing to the girl his muscular mouth that looked more like a toothsome prolapsed anus
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

picked up one of these, the screen is so dark that you can't really tell the time but who cares, it's man jewelry, also if someone asks "what's 7 minus 2" it will only take me five minutes to figure out how the calculator thing works
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

I googled manly watch because of my inferiority complex and found this one. Got a slap on action, pretty manly I'd say. :eyebrow:
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Re: Watchez bitchez

Post by Gimp Mask »

put a perlon strap on my terrorist watch, much more comfortable now and freely adjustable. I guess the strap is more expensive than the watch :yikes:

I feel like a slap-on action strap would not fit very well and the watch would just move around but worth a try
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Re: Watchez bitchez

Post by Gimp Mask »

Got a new gadget to fill the emotional void, I've always liked mesh bracelets and my Omega had one but Casios are better and cheaper
It would be a good dress watch if I ever suited up but goes well with dirty underwear and pizza crumbs on the chest too

I've come to realize that watches do serve a purpose in the modern world, at least for me: it allows you to check the time without having to face a flood of notifications and messages and missed calls and all that shit. I just wanna know if it's 4:20 if you know what I mean :bong: I even have a cheap old school alarm clock because of that, wake and bake baby :peace:
Our Host!