UPDATED - New Vegas Patch of some sort coming at some point

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

UPDATED - New Vegas Patch of some sort coming at some point

Post by Doc Hill »

<strong>[ Game -> Article ]</strong> - More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Bethesda Softworks">Company: Bethesda Softworks</a> | More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout: New Vegas">Game: Fallout: New Vegas</a>

<p><em><strong>Update</strong></em>: The patch is out. Looks like it fixes the NPC slowdown bug that was ruining the experience for a lot of people.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm not entirely sure this is news, it's...pseudo-news, maybe news....hypothetical news? Anyway over at beth blog they have promised a "major patch" in the "Coming Weeks"...okay. It's speculated this will fix save issues and other issues unaddressed by the first patch. PC users using Nvidia cards will be getting a patch much sooner to fix issues they may be having.</p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://bethblog.com/">Bethesda Blog</a></p>
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Something may happen within an undefined period of time. How promising!
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Can this phantom patch make the game worth re-playing a third time?

The second time through burned me out totally, now the game is just "meh".

Even if the bugs I encountered were fixed I can't see me playing it again...ever.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

The problem I'm having on my second play through is burning out on the multiple ways to do the content. But I can see it being like Fallout 2 - not something to replay over and over again obsessively, but something you can have sit around and age like a fine wine.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Agreed. I've already given up on my second, but it is something I shall be playing again.
falloutaddict92
SDF!
SDF!

Post by falloutaddict92 »

Totally agree with playing it every now and then
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Where are these bugs people talk about? I've played through F:NV two times (two times more than F3) and I only had one proper bug. I fell through some rocks and could not get out. OMG! F9 quickload, problem solved. Seriously people, we got through fallout 2 where the boot of your car follows you around even if you dont have a car. We got through the badly implemented holy handgranade/BoS Monty python stuff. Even the massivly flawed jet addicts in the Hub spending 30 AP on walking sloooowly off screen. I dont doubt that the bugs are there, but for fucks sake, time to man up and realize people are starving in somalia. Get fucking perspective.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

somalis are having swingers parties and building golden mountains in somalia with their pirate money, somalian boat scam 419 never forget so dont you come talking to me about somalia, i've gone to hell and back for this patch and if i ever fall between some friggin rocks again there will be trouble. and by trouble i don't mean "f9 quick load" if you know what im saying. :evil: everybody bleeds . . . peace MCL s0mali CREW 2010
Our Host!