New Vegas DLC

Discuss Obsidian's Vegas Fallout game here. Also: Fallout 4, Fallout 76, Fallout Shelter and other new dairy products from Bethesda's farm that don't have separate forums here yet.
Juromaru
SDF!
SDF!

New Vegas DLC

Post by Juromaru »

It was announced a little while ago that there would be DLC. Though I forget if the media said Obsidian or Bethsoft would be developing it. I hope it will be Obsidian and I hope it will add more to the core game. Maybe expand the map size too. Rather than adding crappy mini games such as OA, The Pitt, PL, and Zeta. By the way, should I be saying Expansion Pack instead of DLC being a PC gamer?
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Expansion packs are dead. Why release a new, nearly full game unto itself using the previous engine when you can half-ass some mediocre content that, realistically, probably should have been included in the original release and charge an extra $5-10 for it? Making money takes priority over making games. This industry is as dead as most any other. It's all a sham to suck the end user dry of their money while actually spending as little as possible on game development [and pouring untold sums into marketing, of course, but that's another story].
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

The accuracy of such profound accusations pervade time and space with its clarity. Truly, the times we live in are most dire. :drunk:
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

I dunno, the GTA add-ons were fun. Though saying that personally I've never been a huge fan of sequals (with certain exceptions) let alone add ons anyway. I'm tired of release line-ups being built up mainly of sequals to games I either didn't enjoy last year, or simply don't warrant one. Take for example Bioshock. I enjoyed the atmosphere and whatnot, and had fun first time round. But did it warrant a sequal? Fuck no.

I'm sick of Call of Duty too. I bought World at War seeing as everbody said COD was amazing, and the online play was great for a while until I got good at it and kept winning. Everyone moaned at me for "buying the wrong one", and I was told Modern Warfare was far better. So then I played Modern Warfare. It was the same but with browner enemies. What really bugs me about DLC now is the charging for "Map Packs". When I've finished with every map on the game, I'm not gonna drop another £20 on some new maps when I could just go out and drop £20 and a second hand copy of a new game.
Rowsdower
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Rowsdower »

Perhaps there will be something like Point Lookout where you go to Cali Cali to either help NCR defend against CL or help CL take out NCR. Hopefully it won't be as ludicrously hard as Point Lookout
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Point Lookout wasn't hard.
Rowsdower
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Rowsdower »

Everyone says that but one of those fat rednecks can take a critical hit with the alien blaster and his health would go down an iota
ekkaman
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by ekkaman »

Was to look at.
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

Post by Doc Hill »

DLC can be good, or bad. The Pitt was actually mildly interesting. And sometimes it really does add something, the latest from Mass Effect 2 certainly did for that game.

Ultimately it depends on what is in the dlc, and wether it should have been in the original game. I'll give Bioware this, they actually support alot of free dlc for their games as well as the paid stuff. This model is probably the most acceptable if we're going to be stuck with things as is. But honestly, we've been playing this game for a long time, just back in the day we called them expansions.
Life is like cheap whiskey, it's mostly bad, and leaves a shitty taste in your mouth, but it's better then nothing.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

I thought The Pitt COULD have been interesting. It had the cool setting, it's own unique story (I liked the bit where one of the slaves had no idea what a super mutant was), the questionable good vs bad thing, but ultimately it just fell short. A lot of good ideas, none of them fleshed out.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Yonmanc wrote:A lot of good ideas, none of them fleshed out.
That's Bethesda's new corporate slogan.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Our Host!