Edit fallout characters.

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Junktown Commando
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Edit fallout characters.

Post by Junktown Commando »

So I wanna edit three classic fallout characters; Dogmeat, Davin, and Miria. I want to increase their hit with small guns and thrown to 200/300, and armor rating (pre-armor) and hit points to 999 (the max possible). Can anyone help? (I don’t want to change their AP’s or anything else, but I would be willing to discuss changing their discussion trees a tweek…)

What I know is that they exist as a file in the game. If a new file of the same name is inserted into that folder, viola, they’re instantly fixed.
Junktown Commando
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

53 views with no replies isn’t so hot, guys…
If y’all can’t do this, perhaps you could recommend someone, that’s all I ask…
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

I'm guessing the file has some sort of a write-protection (much like what you have to fix if you DL Daggerfall from Bethesda for DOSbox) - I'm not sure what it's called, but there should be some sort of a config file that keeps resetting the information, or maybe even the file that holds the character info.

Sorry I can't be more help - I've only been getting into this stuff for the past year or so.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

You cheating bastard, just play the damn game.
Junktown Commando
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

SenisterDenister wrote:You cheating bastard, just play the damn game.
Who's a cheating bastard? :?
I Believe In “Peace Through Superior Firepower.�
Do you?
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

DAC Downloads

Post by 4too »

DAC Downloads

Click the "Downloads" link on the DAC cover page.

Check out the mods and the editors.

Look there, one may have the Miria-mod with in.

Look there and seek out those actively modding the FO's.

4too
Junktown Commando
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

I did. I didn't find anything remotely close, except FUCK (I tried that, but it didn't work).
As to those making edits, nobody ever responds...
Do you?
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

The FO Mod Scene

Post by 4too »

The FO Mod Scene

Appears you need to try the mod specific sites.

I think Team-X had some mod-ding tools available.

And any active mod site could have forums populated with those who could give you real answers on pumping up Miria.

I always enjoyed the exploit in FO that allowed equipping Tandi with a big f-ing hand gun.

Tandi doesn't have a lot to say,("are we there yet?"), but carried stuff. When playing Jinxed she mixed it up better then Ian as the weapons started critically failing. Had a good basic AI for FO.

If you wanted the exp points (1000?) for her rescue, and a happy ending for ShadySands, you had to get her home before ... 11 P.M., ... no actually before the final fight.

Don't know if Miria has a basic functional AI, never "got married" in FO2.

Happy mod-ding.

4too
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

If you are still around and looking or wondering about this, here's a few details:

For Stats:
The files you will need to modify:
Miria: 00000164.pro
Davin: 00000163.pro
Dogmeat has several stages. so is a little more complicated. In growth order:
00000342.pro
00000343.pro
00000344.pro
00000345.pro
00000346.pro

There should be some tools around that will let you do this. I don't know what's most "recent". If you don't see anything, you can try ProComp (Command line tool - instructions here (on the first post of the thread). I don't recall if there were any outstanding bugs I didn't address in there, though. If that doesn't work or you want to do it yourself, you can find the information about the pro file format here (Which I assume is correct - I don't see any problems from a glance).

Dialog
Dialog tweaks are more complicated. If you want to change the flow, you will have to modify the scripts - there are some tutorials that you should be able to find, although I don't have the links handy.

If you just want to change the text of the dialog without changing the flow, you just need to modify the MSG files (in TEXT\ENGLISH\DIALOG, I believe).
Junktown Commando
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

I had the Fallout Universal Critter Kit at one point.
I tried creating a file (can’t remember the file name, but as I understand it was Miria, or supposed to be), but after I switched out the file, it didn’t seem to fix anything…
Do you?
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

Did you swap out the file in the DAT file or in the data folder?

If you did it in the data folder, when you switched out the file, did you remember to make the new file read-only? If you skip that step, the game can overwrite the file when you run it.

If you did it into the DAT file, which DAT file did you update?

[Edit:] Also, do you have any pathches installed ("PATCH000.DAT" or the like)?
Junktown Commando
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Uhm gee, I dunno- It was years ago that I tried. I do know that I did not make the file read-only (I don’t think the original was either), so that might be what went wrong. I do know I didn’t have an updated patch, though. (I think I might have had Generous Klint in there, but it would have been “fake patch000.whatever� or something like that- ineffective at that point.)
Do you?
Our Host!