Fallout 3 - Game of The Year Edition problems

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Apocalypse 2077
Regular
Regular

Fallout 3 - Game of The Year Edition problems

Post by Apocalypse 2077 »

This Christmas my brother kindly bought me a copy of Fallout 3 GOTY. Having already played Fallout 3 and enjoyed it, I was looking forward to playing Fallout 3's numerous add-on packs - all of which come free with the game. However, having installed the additional disk nothing appeared to have happened. I had reloaded my old game as my good character and run around near the Red Racer Factory. Then I realised the metro station I was looking for wasn't on my map and my character was level twenty and should (in theory) see every location on the map. So, I decided that for some unknown reason the add-ons disk didn't like my non-game of the year edition.

So I put off resolving the problem. Then today, I uninstalled my old version after moving my saved games to a safe location. I restarted my PC, installed Fallout Game of The Year Ed, installed it's add-on pack, joined Windows Live, moved my save games in to my Windows Live folder, ran Fallout 3 and...

bugger all has happened

I went to the Downloads section on the main menu and for some reason it wants me to (get this) use my microsoft points to download all of the add-on packs. This doesn't make any sense to me, but then maybe I missed the point of having the Game Of The Year edition.

Help please.
After Y2K the end of the world became a cliche... there are now only personal apocalypses... - Max Payne

I love the smell of napalm in the morning! - Lieutenant Colonel Kilgore, Apocalypse now
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Did you make sure you activated them through either the default loader or through FOMM? You have to make sure the little box is ticked next to the DLC so it will load. I think on the default loader, you click "Data" or something..Just like when you've installed a mod.
Apocalypse 2077
Regular
Regular

Post by Apocalypse 2077 »

What little box? Where?
After Y2K the end of the world became a cliche... there are now only personal apocalypses... - Max Payne

I love the smell of napalm in the morning! - Lieutenant Colonel Kilgore, Apocalypse now
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Fallout 3 has bugs? What?
niejadek5
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by niejadek5 »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:Fallout 3 has bugs? What?
Lak of storyline.
Our Host!