C&C4

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

C&C4

Post by Amis »

Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

Let the franchise die already please.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Goddamnit EA. God. Damn. It.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

EA is gonna kill off C&C that sucks.
Cow Cud is a twin.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Epic conclusion fail?
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Adorable-- especially how they show the guards holding FN P90s when it's supposedly the late 2060s.

Sad that it's getting cut, but all good things have to come to an end at some point in time. Also sad that those that do enjoy a continuation often end up weakening the mythology rather than bolstering it. Just as that was seen in FO3, honesty requires that, although I am a strong supporter and fan of Red Alert 2, Red Alert 3 was emphatically unsatisfactory. An all-star cast for the liveaction sequences, ruined by shitty unit design and other painful missteps.

How hard is it to cling to the original designs? Does everything have to be reinvented?
I was watching trailers the other day, and just after watching 9 and Sherlock Holmes, I saw something that seemed promising; I know it sounds childish as fuck, but I have a feeling I'm going to be seeing the Where the Wild Things Are movie, one of my favorite childhood books. As I watched the trailer, the fact that they'd clung to the original monster designs from the book made it seem more exciting and worthy of my time, not less. Same goes for Fallout 3-- does it surprise anyone that the most beloved and badass-looking piece of hardware is the T-51b, the only item kept in the original Fallout aesthetic?

Thus was the downfall of Red Alert 3, just as it had been with Fallout 3 (at least a piece of said downfall). When you take things that look both menacing and retro-ish, like the Apocalypse Tank and the Tesla Tank, and you randomly skew over to a streamlined, futuristic aesthetic, in such instances as the RA3 Tesla Tank and Soviet 'Hammer' tank, there's no concrete connection. It's all just a pile of shit that's been an unnecessary concept artist's paycheck. Also, adding in Japan could have been a smart move, had it been as a new playable country for the Allies. Instead, it manifested as the main villain party, utilizing an army of transformers, while also (in case latter idea was not retarded enough for you kiddies) adding in a main character in the expansion to carry on the legacy of Yuri. Unfortunately, this legacy-bearing character is a Japanese schoolgirl with psychokinesis.

I rest my case.

Know why the Tiberium Wars games were so successful as opposed to only the first and second Red Alert?
They maintained their fucking continuity. Kane may have come back from death numerous times, but it's been played off as part of his mystique. And handled well, too.
So it begs to question-- did they not want the characters from Red Alert 2, or could they not get them? Though both moronic, Romanov, Dugan, and the others were all mildly entertaining in Red Alert 2-- enough that they could have reprized their roles. So, if they couldn't get any of them again, why? Was it so hard to pry Dugan from his James Woods CBS court drama that they needed to find a replacement? I'm not saying I didn't find President Ackerman (J.K. Simmons) a pleasing replacement, but it shouldn't be this fucking hard to maintain the cast members.

Oh-- and if the Scrin don't become playable at some point in time, I'm gonna shit all over the floor of the lobby of EA's central HQ.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

They better not, the Scrin thing in C&C3 was horrible.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I only got to play as them for five minutes, and it didn't seem that bad. All the same, if it sucks, it sucks.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I liked it more when it was something akin to the UN being undermined by terrorists.
Devil_Starr666
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Devil_Starr666 »

How many times must you kill a man before he is actually dead? :chainsaw:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Ask Ryan Reynolds.
Our Host!