Dark Knight Review Pending (Major SPOILERS)

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Dark Knight Review Pending (Major SPOILERS)

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Imax with 7 showings a day is sold out for the whole weekend. I've never seen a movie do that ever. I think someone is buying them all then selling them out, I'm kind of mad right now.

I may have to see the regular version guys, I'm sorry.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

IMAX sucks, mang.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

To be honest, I don't usually get very excited about new movies, but I don't think I have ever looked forward to a movie more than this one, ever...
It's like a perfect storm almost, of great characters, great casting, an excellent director, and just everything, you know?
You can tell there is alot of respect and gravity given to this world and it makes it so satisfying to watch.
That's a problem I have with Marvel's stuff. They have a whole library of great stories and characters, but can't seem to give any of it the proper treatment. In X-Men you couls find many great characters and stories, but they turned them into mediocre summer action flicks instead.

Nolan made Batman Begins something real and I still watch the movie every once in awhile, and I really don't watch many movies more than once. The only gripe I had with BB is that the action sequences were a bit too blurry, but that's absolutely it. Great movie, and while I usually tend to dislike big summer blockbusters, I really hope that this movie does very well, so maybe the crew that did this film can get some more great work. Besides Batman, I would really like to see a Jackman-less Wolverine film, but I think a good Wolverine film would have to have much more action than BB. Not meaningless action like the X-Men movies had, but more like Rambo-type brutality. Now that would be a movie.

I doubt if that would ever happen though, as Marvel, and most entertainment companies in general, are obsessed with attracting the teen crowd.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Not to mention it's been held back forever... what was the reason again? The writers strike?
Testicular Pugilist
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

The film according to imdb is going to air here first, so i shall watch it then.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

It's pretty fuckin' good. Bale is way too raspy as Batman but kicks major ass as Wayne. Eckhart is really fucking well cast and Ledger's performance really is fucking brilliant. Unfortunately with the PG-13 rating it doesn't go as dark as it could which was disappointing. Also all the same pace-queering comic relief in-all-the-damn-wrong-places from Batman Begins is still present and as irritating as ever. Still, it's a must see for sure.

Oh, and the opening is one of the most memorable I've seen in ANY film in quite some time.

Afterthought no.2: Despite getting a little cheesy at the end it sets up some interesting events for the third film. I won't spoil anything but it's some pretty hardcore shit.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

THe joker is the guy who super villains have nightmares about.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I just got back, it was pretty good but its not the best movie ever of course. I also thought batmans voice was too raspy, even more so than the last movie but you get used to it. Joker was cool and eckhart was good but the ending was a bit philosophical and crap.

Of interesting know a fist fight broke out during the credits because some family brought a 2 year old to the theater and it kept crying during the movie and the guy behind them told them to quite down. I guess at teh end of the movie the mom slapped the guy and then the husband and the guy got into a fist fight and were rolling on the ground. It was pretty awesome.

edit: Also it looks like they gave up on making the city look gotham like but it doesn't matter since gotham always looked gay.
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

Was there dick?

Also, 21+ theaters for the fucking win.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

I've seen crackheads spewing out better reviews than this. Stop writing half assed reviews/pretending you've seen a movie.
I know your reviews used to be quite well written and interesting, but this is an outrage.
Also, prolly u've got beaten up in the theater for being such a poor fucking cockfag.
Get out of my sight! Everyone!

Frankenstein picture for emphasis on how much Pooperscooper fucked up here.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I don't know what to say, so I just say how i felt about a movie. I don't want to spoil it for everyone, whats with all the hate on my reviews gosh.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:I don't know what to say, so I just say how i felt about a movie. I don't want to spoil it for everyone, whats with all the hate on my reviews gosh.
sheesh chill nigga it's just dreadnought spewing random buttcrap as usual. i give your review 50 mussels out of 1 pizza if you catch my drift.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Fuck i want pizza right now. Ate all of my friends astros. they are like smarties but with a bit co bisuite in them i am so fuckinh hungry. :drunk: out of my sku;ll.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Gimp Mask wrote:
POOPERSCOOPER wrote:I don't know what to say, so I just say how i felt about a movie. I don't want to spoil it for everyone, whats with all the hate on my reviews gosh.
sheesh chill nigga it's just dreadnought spewing random buttcrap as usual. i give your review 50 mussels out of 1 pizza if you catch my drift.
Just funny that just Dreadnought is just so fucking right, eh? :drunk:
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Went to see it at my local theater and it's completely sold out. The last time I saw that happen was with the first Jurassic Park movie. Fortunately I didn't see Hellboy 2 a couple weeks ago and opted for that instead.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

So we all know how to sell a movie:

Hire some suicidal OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone, let him kill himself once you have all the scenes shot, stir up some instant-drama, release the movie. PROFIT.

It's not like a remake of BATMAN can attract SO FUCKING MANY fags just by being plain "good" (what it isn't. It's not bad, it's got it's flair, but it looks like OSAMA BIN LADUUUUUUHN is gonna pop out and make a fucking cameo).
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

I'm convinced that Dreadnought's posts make sense in some universe, somewhere, but it's not this one.

Batman Begins was kinda ass, I have to say. Yes, it rebooted the franchise and brought it back to its darker roots. But the actual movie was two hours of foreplay. (Or was it three? It felt like three.) The villian himself was barely worth a mention, the action was dark and poorly shot, and the ending was limp. It had no sense of humor and took itself too seriously. This new one looks a bit lighter-hearted, even though Heath Ledger apparently channels Charles Manson in it. I get the feeling it won't live up to the hype. I still want to see it, though.

Batman and Robin was on TV last night, the one with Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze and Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy. I'd forgotten how horrendously awful she was in that movie, god damn.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Subby, Batman Begins was two hours of foreplay because it only existed to set this one up. Go see it. Great fucking movie. I'll review later when I've slept more than 8 hours in 72.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Subfag, what I wanted to say is that Dark Knight wouldn't be sold out if Heath Fagger was still alive.
���������
Our Host!